Sunday, December 09, 2007

I ' heart' P4

I love progesterone. I really, really do. I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night after a short nap yesterday. I really can't remember the last time that happened, but think it was in 2005 when pregnant with Max. One of the reasons I really liked being pregnant was that it was the best sleep I ever had in my life. And, under the TMI category, my BM's are almost normal while on progesterone (and while pregnant). I'm doing the PIO instead of the suppositories, only because I started that way while out of town and have it, and it's fine. A bit of a trade off....a sore bum over messy, wet undies from suppository leakage. I'll probably get a progesterone test in a few days...maybe when I'm in for transfer ... if it's not today...please God, let transfer not be today...to check how bad the number is...and add in the suppositories as well. But, if last nights sleep is any indication, it is getting absorbed just fine and a blood draw would probably show that it doesn't completely suck. And, all that sleep on a 'dex' day, which I've only been taking every other day since I only typically get about 4 hours when on that stuff. So, while I don't love the bruised and sore bum (or the wet and leaky private parts), I do love the affects. Hey, with any luck, an answered prayer, and a wish upon a star, I'll be "knocked up" by Christmas and my body will produce lots of this glorious hormone for months on end. Wow, wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: