Sunday, December 02, 2007

Early Riser

I was just lying in bed thinking about my upcoming trip this week and ALL of the medications I'm going to need to take with me. Let me tell you, it will be a bag in and of itself. Anyway, anyone who has gone through fertility treatment knows that it is recommended that you take all of your injections around the same time every day. I've been doing my Lupron, dex, and other morning meds around 5:30 am. A quick calculation shows that would be 8:30 am ET. I'll already be in work meetings at that time, but I'll only have to alter the time about an hour or two. Not bad really. The delestrogone is only taken every few days so I figure a bigger fluctuation in taking times will have less affect, but don't think I'll have to alter it too much anyway. I've been doing that about 7 pm P/10 pm ET which is probably pretty doable since I land around 8 pm ET and should be at the hotel and checked in (one would sincerlly hope) by 10 pm ET.

And, yes, it really does suck traveling east for work meetings that start so bloody early. Just not quite as badly as it could since I am typically an early riser anyway. The problem arises when I can't fall asleep and go to bed on west coast time and wake up on east coast time. All in all, I'm not really looking forward to it, but I'm sure I'll be fine once I'm gone. It's the leaving that's hard for me.

I haven't even left yet and I'm already looking forward to being home. I need to decide what I'm going to wear and pack and write out instructions on dog meds and emergency contacts, but the house is stocked in food and meds, human and K9, and I'm pretty ready. Oh yea, I need to get directions and figure out where I'm going when I get there and find a restaurant for a team dinner I'm hosting Wednesday night. Sigh. Tomorrow's going to be busy. This week is going to be busy. Blah, I hate that.

No comments: