Friday, December 21, 2007

Buh, Bye Dex

I think I have pretty much made the decision to wean myself from the dex this morning. It is a steroid and the theory behind taking it is to shut down your immunity system as a precaution about your body rejecting an embryo. I tend to not do well on dex. It revs me up and I basically don't sleep on it. I've only been taking it every other day (with my coordinators blessing, in fact it was her idea). However, the last straw was waking up this morning with a sore throat and another cold and diahrea (which may or may not be related, hard to tell with me). I'm just barely over my last one that I got on Thanksgiving. I thought I might be getting sick again yesterday, but just rationalized it as being tired from lack of sleep and the pregnancy. I'm tired of being sick and not feeling well. Actually, it's just pissing me off at the moment. Hence, executive decision to wean.

Anyway, I have a yeast infection I can't get rid; a reoccurring eye infection, and now another virus. I'm taking my immunity system back. I think I need it more to stay healthy than any small risk of implantation failure or rejection since implantation has already occurred. And, while I did take dex for my cycle with Max, I was already weaned by now. The question I'm still debating is if I run this decision by my coordinator and one of the RE's. I've decided I'm going to play that by ear when I'm in today.

I've been up since 4 for no particular reason. Max is up and signing "Doe a deer, a female deer..." from the sound of music at the top of his lungs. And, I'm starving. So, I think I'm going to get out of bed and offically start this day.

No comments: