Friday, August 31, 2007

C'est La Vive

If I remember my French properly, that means ...That's life. It was just one of those days.

I did something drastic and got my hair cut...really cut...like 3 - 4 inches off from below my shoulders to chin cut. I don't love it because the stylist, not my normal person, didn't listen when I said only very little layering and that it needed to be shorter under and longer on top for the layering to work. Sigh. So, it will be out of control when I let it dry natural, passable if I blow dry, and best if I have time to hot roller it. At least there is a lot less of it.

Max woke up at 4 am and never went back to sleep no matter how many times I told him it was still night night and I was really tired.

He pooped out of his diaper for the first time. Yes, out on the grass like the doggies. By the time I got him cleaned up, which only took a minute or two, Nikki, our foster dog ATE the poop before I could clean it up. Had I known that would be an issue I'd have done that first. Ick, Ick, Ick. I was so disgusted thinking about it, I puked on the grass, which Max thought was hilarious.

Good thing Max was having a very hard time settling tonight and wanted more milk, because I had to go out to garage to get a fresh gallon out of the garage fridge, because our cat was locked in the garage and it was hot, hot, hot in there. It was around or over 110 today outside and much hotter in the garage. He seems to be doing fine and no worse of the experience. Sadly, this is not the first time he has been shut in, but it hasn't happened in awhile.

Shadow has really been limping and can barely walk to the front of the house and back the last few days. The heat isn't helping.

I've still never heard back from the other DE agency I contacted. Nor did I get a reply from my clinic or agency coordinators. Yes, my clinic is in cycle and she just returned from vacation. And, it is the Friday before a holiday weekend, but still....now that I want a decision. I want movement.

Anyway, there's more smaller annoying stuff like how I asked Noemi to make sure Max went down for a nap early that didn't happened and I had to stop work and put him down and it didn't go well because he was overtired, then he woke up crabby, crabby, crabby. And, when he is like that, she just seems to make it worse and can't get him to snap out of it.

I got the receipts, the very big pile that have been accumulating since June, entered today and my checking account balanced. It's scary how much money I have been spending lately. Well, I'll be spending a bunch more before long. I keep trying to remind myself it is only money.

No comments: