Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Back on track

We are not back to "normal" yet in regards to Max and sleeping, but we are getting back on track. I'm so happy that I converted the toddler bed back into a crib last night. And, I was able to easily fix it this morning when I wasn't so tired and frustrated. He's still having a bit of trouble falling asleep, but it is much easier and faster than it was. He took a really good nap and was asleep by around 7:30 pm tonight. He also slept good last night. He woke around 4 am and instead of getting up and coming in to me, he cried a bit and then fell back asleep sleeping in until around 6. And, the crib tent has shipped and should be here on Friday. Now, I just need to catch up on my sleep. Max just clearly was not ready for a toddler bed even though he could climb out of the crib. I feel like I have been in a mini battle and am just wiped out. It reminds me how fortunate I am that things are usually pretty easy going around here. Not that Max was really horrible, even tired, it was just starting to take its toll on both of us. I think we are both glad to have him back in the crib.

In other Max news, I found a place that does indoor swimming lessons year round very close to my house. We are going to check it out next Monday afternoon and if all goes well, sign Max up.

Max has his 2 year ped appointment on Wednesday afternoon.

Teeth brushing is going just great and easy peasy since his dentist appointment.

Still not too fond of book reading, but is almost tolerating a book or two before bed...especially if the book is Peter Rabbit.

Been pondering my next steps on the ttc front. I seem to be in a stale mate/can't get a clear feeling on what to do so am doing nothing. I have thought about doing a consult with another RE, but am feeling like what is the point and that it will do no good/is hopeless. Yet, I can't seem to bring myself to research or actually plan for a DE cycle. Probably, I will go in for another IUI this month, but am not having a good "bleed" which I think doesn't bode well for this follicular phase. I think I just need to not decide or do anything or even think much about it right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't often leave a comment but I enjoy your blog. We were frustrated by the same situation and we put a baby proof doorknob thingy on the inside of our toddler's door, so he couldn't get out. It worked for us; I don't think it's a fire hazard. Our room was right next to his and we could hear everything he did in there but once the door was locked shut, he was less tempted to run out all the time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry the toddler bed didn't work out. Usually it does but there are some kids who are not ready yet. My friend, Debbie, in northern Cal put the tents over her kids cribs and although they fought it at first, it kept them in bed. They were climbing out and completely destroying their rooms, lol! She'd wake up and find everything taken out of the closets and drawers. She figured toddler beds would just make it worse.

A patient's mom of mine transferred her kid to a toddler bed and he had similar issues. She didn't want to go back to the crib so she put a gate up behind the door so that when he would open the door at night he still couldn't leave the room. She was worried that because he was tired he'd fall down the stairs (that were right near his room) when he woke up at night.

I am sure the tent will work out just find and when he's older he will be ready for a bed.

-Cindy