Saturday, August 04, 2007

Just irritated and complaining

After a quick trip to the park, the train depot, and the grocery story that took up most of the morning, I decided to tackle the kitchen sink and make sure the pipes weren't clogged, which is the most likely cause of a leak in a kitchen sink. As I was taking the pipes apart, the garbage disposal fell out. The garbage disposal I just had replaced...okay, it was a year ago now, but still... there is no way if installed properly, that should have happened. I can deal with the pipes and general plumbing stuff, but don't feel like I could tackle a garbage disposol reinstall. I debated about calling someone else, but decided to call the same company that had installed it to see if it (unlikely) was under warrently or the technition could see how shoddy their fellow employee did it and give them a hard time.

When I called around 11 am, I was told to expect a technition from "now until 1:15" I groaned a bit because that meant no break/nap for me since I would have to be on alert. I called at 2, when the plumber still had not shown up to check the status and let them know that I needed to leave at 3:45. The service rep got a bit snotty with me and said "we have just been really busy today, sorry" like she wasn't sorry at all and I was being unreasonable. I countered with, you knew how busy you were when you told me someone would be here from "now until 1:15". She explained, still not very friendly, that yes, the technitions were still on their last jobs and she couldn't predict that...I wanted to tell her she should have said that in the first place, but decided to just keep my mouth shut. The conversation went from there, but I'll spare you the rest of the details. I'm still waiting on a plumber, but he is supposed to be on his way. The whole situation is just irritating and I'm going to have to pay several hundred dollars for this "service".

And, another incident today, when checking out from the grocery story...are you obligated to let the person behind you go if they have only a few items and you have an entire cart? I know it is the polite thing to do, but is it impolite to not? Max and I had been waiting for awhile, then then openned up more lanes. A women comes rushing up all impatient and rushed and demanded, like it was her right, to go ahead of us...since she only had one item. Yes, it irritated me, and I told her fine, but kind of huffed and she could tell I was irritated. Somehow, I was the bad guy because I didn't cheerfuly give up my spot for her. Now, I admit, probably I should have and normally I would even offer except, I was tired, not feeling that great, and had to go to the bathroom. As she was leaving, she turned to me in a fake, super nice voice and said, "have a nice day".

Yes, my tooth...or rather the place where my tooth was...is bothering me and I really am not feeling that great. I'm not only taking the vicadin as needed, but most of the time using Tylenol, but am needing closer to the every 4 than the 6 hours. I think another day and I should round the corner on this. Hopefully.

Not that things are going all bad...

The IUI yesterday went fine. No problems. Sperm count good. I had already ovulated again before 30 hours, but it was closer since we could stil see the colapsing follicle.

I came home to my friend cooking a great dinner (pasta carbonara?). She got things prep'd. We swam with the kids. She finished making dinner, refusing all offers of help. Then, it was quickly time for them to go and time to get Max to bed. I did straiten up, but left the dishes until this morning since my talkative neigbor trapped me and yacked on until I told her I really needed to go (and take more pain meds).

We are going over to that same friends how for dinner again tonight. She is going to grill burgers for us.

Got to go, Max is now up from his nap...another good thing that happened today.

No comments: