Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Naked Bottom Boy

We are in the dog days of summer here. We hit 110 yesterday and it felt just as hot today. Not that I was out in it much except for early this morning to walk the dogs and later this afternoon to get in the pool with Max and let him play in the sprinklers.

This last weekend, I got together with some friends and there were two 2 year old boys and one almost 3 boy. At the instigation of a 4 year old girl, they all got naked and played in the sprinklers and in these two metal tins that are probably used for ice/drinks when entertaining. They had a blast. And, the boys all took turns pee'ing on the grass. It was pretty funny to see.

And, it struck an impression with Max who has since spent a lot of time naked when I'm on duty and has probably pee'd on the grass 10 times a day since and in the potty 3 times total and hasn't had one accident. I really wasn't planning and am not pushing potty training, but I have just decided to go with the flow.

He has seen dogs pee pretty much every day, multiple times a day since he was brought home from the hospital. Then, I think, after seeing the other boys do it, it just clicked for him. I've thought about it and can see where it may not be the best thing having him go on the grass all the time, it probably isn't the worst either. He is learning when he has the urge and how to pee at will. I figure once he has that down and once it gets colder here, we can make the move to the potty if he is so inclined.

Sometimes, I will ask him if he wants to go pee pee on the potty and he will say "No, on the grass" and open the door, run outside to the grass and pee. Sometimes, he will just announce "pee pee on grass" and go outside...like he sees the dogs do. The times he has peed on the potty are times when I'm going as well and he joins me for a family pee.

The other funny thing is that he gets into this deep squat and looks intently at his penis and concentrates on how it "feels" (by the look of his face, anyway). I've told him a few times that boys and men can stand up to pee and he has tried it a few times right after I say that, but doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as the full squat.

This weekend, my cousin is coming with her husband (Max's godfather) and daughter (CC, Max's favorite person) and I think I'll ask Jim to take Max in with him a few times and show Max that you hold it to aim. Maybe see if he can get him to try it in the toiler and aim at some Cheerios or something. I think Max is tall enough to make it with the seat up. I figure it can't hurt and not sure when else there will be a male role model in the house.

Anyway, he is just totally loving this Au natural being naked thing. He didn't even want to put clothes on to walk the dogs this morning and I gave in pretty easily since I wanted to walk the dogs early before it got too hot as it only cooled down to about 80 last night, wasn't in the mood for a big battle over it, and he just ends up getting the clothes wet anyway by going through sprinklers.

I even joined him in his nakedness this evening and we went in the pool sans suits. I have to say, it WAS nice. I can see why he likes it.

No comments: