Monday, August 20, 2007

My limit

The crib tent is still listed under processing which means it hasn't even shipped yet. Shit. Well, I reached my limit tonight. Max came out one too many times and I converted his toddler bed back into a crib. I was frustrated and it took longer than it should have and still isn't completely right. I'll look at it again in the morning and if I can't get it right, my neighbor said he would come over to help.

Max fell asleep last night at 10 pm on the floor of his room laying next to Shadow. And, the night before, he fell asleep at about 11 pm in bed with me. The only way he has been napping is if I physically hold him in my arms in the rocking chair no matter how much he protests and cries until he realizes he isn't getting free and relaxes enough to fall asleep. He is so overtired and wound up it isn't even funny.

This week hasn't been pretty. I think it has been my hardest/most frustrating week of being a mom so far. I hope we can get back on track here now that he is back in the crib. For the moment, he has forgotten that he knew how to climb out. I hope that lasts until the crib tent gets here. Or, it could be that the mattress is on the toddler bed setting one lower than I had it. I thought I had it as low as it could get, but when we converted the bed it needed to go lower to work.

Anyway, now I'm keyed up and frustrated and hope I can settle to go to sleep.

Poor Max, he just couldn't settle or stop when he had the freedom to get up. He doesn't have the impulse control yet. The whole thing became a big fat game to him. You'd tell him to go to bed and he would pop out of sight until you stopped looking. If you got up to put him back in bed, he would run back laughing close the door on you and try to hold it closed. Except for when he was sick, then he just cried and cried leaning over his chair. He seems to have lost all ability to fall asleep on his own. Boy, I sure need that to change. And fast.

On the other hand, teeth brushing has been going absoulutly great since we went to the dentist. I get the brush out and he happily opens his mouth and lets me brush all of his teeth and then takes a turn brushing afterwards. Wow, it is such a dramtic change that it was so worth taking him for the visit. It is like night and day.

Okay, I'm ready for things to improve around here. I'm off to bed and will say a small prayer that Max doesn't try to climb out in the middle of the night and injure himself or something. We both need him to get back on track. It really hasn't been pretty around here.

No comments: