Thursday, August 30, 2007

Been and Not Been - Edited

What have I been doing?

Moping...a little

Crying...a little

Swimming with Max and playing in the yard with him every night after work. I think he really liked his swimming lesson the other day.

Talked with my clinic and got information on cycles; deadlines for paying a deposit, when the remaining money would be due, selecting a donor, and confirming my current coordinator would still coordinate this.

Got agreement from the financial coordinator at my clinic to let me into the DE Outcome Based Plan (OBP), which is a shared risk plan, even if I only decide to transfer 1 in a fresh cycle and to freeze any remaining (if any) so I could decide to thaw and transfer one at a time. It is more expensive by about 6K and I'll loose if I get pregnant on the first try/fresh cycle. But, it includes way more than a fresh like freezing, free FET's for a year, and two additional fresh cycles in a year. Plus, I'm fine if I'm out the money because really they have been billing my insurance for all of the monitoring and getting paid and contracted rates for years. And, Dr. N assisted on my lap last year and they never charged me for it.

Made the decision to go to donor eggs.

Made inquiries into two DE Agencies. Haven't heard back from one. The other was very responsive and I will likely go with them.

Looked at a bunch of donor profiles and narrowed it down to two that I'm still pondering. One is available and the other is cycling in Sept./Oct. so may not be ready for a Nov./Dec. cycle.

Looked into a few financing options.

Applied for and was approved for a refinancing loan at a rate better than what I currently have for higher than the amount I will likely need and that will pay off all debt except for the 10K I just moved to a 6 month interest free, but I will have enough to set aside so that I can pay that off once an interest rate kicks in.

Worked at the job I get paid for, but not as hard as I should be.

Paid a few bills and started a preliminary budget.


What I haven't been doing?

Socializing much or talking on the telephone.

Reading, or watching TV.

Grocery shopping.

Finished paying bills, balancing my account, and finishing a budget.

Asking if I do have scar tissue if it can cause a problem with a DE cycle and if I should get it checked out because I'm too afraid of the answer right now.

I will never make it to retrieval, but ... I'm hoping I make it to transfer by the end of the year.

Note: Edits made within the document.

No comments: