Thursday, August 16, 2007

That's what I get...

I tried to sneak in late this afternoon for an early beta because logistically it would be so much easier than tomorrow even though I could hear the late Dr. N so clearly in my mind saying, "sure you can get a beta at 13 dpo as long as you agree to go back at 15 dpo for a followup, which I always thought was BS. No way are you going to get a negative beta today and a postive beta tomorrow. Drove all the way there and they had already closed. That decided that. Dr. N wins even from the grave on this one. Tomorrow morning it is with the kid in tow. Then, I'm taking him to the Long Beach Aquarium again before my yearly membership expires in a few weeks. Then, I have Noemi coming in the late afternoon for a few hours so I can go catch a movie. The Harry Potter one. I think the first movie I will have gone to since Max was born two years ago.

Max's dental appointment went fine. The wanted to try to take an x-ray. He screemed just looking into that room. All she did was look in his mouth and he cried, loud screaming cry, the entire time. No cavities. Moderate plaque. Only improvements are those that I told her that I need to improve on. Basically, what I expected. However, the bonus that I didn't expect is that Max has actually been letting me brush his teeth with no battle since. Much nice for both of us this way. They let him pick a toy/prize for being so good and I picked a little yellow bug car that I knew he would like. He keeps calling it the dentist car. I agree and remind him he got it for being so good and letting the dentist look in his mouth at his teeth. Yes, an attempt at a little pointed brain washing.

Max isn't sleeping nearly as well...okay, neither of us are sleeping nearly as well...since he moved to the toddler bed. He woke up at 2 am last night and instead of going back to sleep he trotted his way into my room. I let him cuddle with me a minute, got him some milk, and took him back to his bed. He did stay in it, but I kept listening for him to get back up so took awhile to fall back to sleep myself. The truth is, he wasn't sleeping that great right before we made the switch because he was just climbing out when he wanted so this really is better and safer. And, it is getting better with the constant and consistent reinforcement. When he wakes up, even from his nap, the first thing he does is look for me. Today, I was at my computer with my office door open so I didn't hear him approach and he comes up and says "hi" with his cute little self.

So, basically, all is well. I've just been really tired and headache.

I'll go drop off blood for the cause tomorrow morning, but will be gone all day. However, just assume it is negative (<5) like I am until proven otherwise.

2 comments:

Drowned Girl said...

Good luck

Anonymous said...

Dang it Deb...you should have called. I'm a few minutes away from the LB Aquarium. And I can't find your cell number.

CoCo