Sunday, August 26, 2007

Said, son, sure knows his mind

I ran Max ragged yesterday with an all day visit with a college friend who was in town visiting her sister for a long weekend. There were 3 two year olds (Max, one who turned 2 yesterday and one almost turning 3 if a few weeks), a 4 year old, and a 6 or 7 year old, not to mention lots of adults. We were supposed to go to the beach, but that never quite happened.

This morning, I asked Max if he wanted to go to church. He said, "Yes", "Restaurant", "with Nanna". So, we called Nanna and woke her up, and she met us at the restaurant after church.

He's still back to sleeping well and slept 12 hours last night (after having no nap yesterday) and went to nap (an hour later than usual at 1 pm, which I think I'm going to make as his new nap time) easily and is still sleeping.

Nanna came over after eating out and Max was so funny. He told her which chair he wanted her to sit in (the chair by the train table), gave her trains to play with and told her to play with him), then, "Nanna, Outside", "NANNA, OUTSIDE", where he told her how he wanted her to play with him out there. Until he wanted the slip in slide set up, then I was back on duty. It's funny and nice. And, really, what my mom needs because sometimes it is surprising that she raised 4 kids because often she doesn't really know how to interact with them. I think it made her feel good and happy and it was obvious that Max was happy. She decided to stay for dinner, which is fine, because she was quiet enough that I was also able to take a short nap and is in the other room reading letting me have more quiet time until Max's wakes up.

No comments: