Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Even worse than my (lack of tooth), my plumbing experience just hurt. The final bill? It will piss me off and upset me to go look at the actual total for awhile, but it was somewhere between $800 - $900...849 something I think. Bloody ridiculous. I think I am going to report the company, which is a big national one, to the better business beauro. Almost $500 of that to replace to replace the faucet at 2.5% mark up. Which I didn't know until after the fact, but at that point what the hell are you going to do? You can't live with out it? I couldn't have gone to buy one while he waited. The only consolation is that I would not have been able to fix it myself. But, the faucet being replaced was just replaced last July, by the same company. He said it was what was causing the leak and it sure did look like it so at that point the only solution was to replace it again. I'm upset and pissed over the whole thing. The only good thing about the whole thing was that he said he would only charge me 2 hours of labor at almost $200 an hour and he let me pay before he finished so I could keep my evening play date with Max and Nikki.

Shoot, my whole dental experience cost less than $300 of which 50% was my responsibility. You see why even though a pain I try to fix my own plumbing problems as much as possible. F'ing rip off, but they have you over a barrel.

I'm up, again, in the middle of the night, due to that cat barfing again. Not quite making it outside this morning. I'm going to have to find time to cut his hair soon. But, in truth, I would have had to have gotten up soon anyway because my bladder was so full and it was time for more pain meds and another antibiotic.

I'm still so upset over that whole plumbing situation and how much it cost. It hurt, hurt, hurt. But, really, again, at that point, what are you going to do?

In other news, Max had a wonderful time playing with his friends. They will be 4 in January and he does so like to play up, plus they are very good about playing nicely without taking toys away from him and including him in their "older" kid play. They had the best time swinging and spinning on the tire swing on their outdoor play structure and in the small splash pool. It was nice to spend a bit more time (as much as you can with 3 small children around) with my friend (whose husband is out of town allowing us to get together twice in 2 days) and Nikki was nice and tired (after putting up with their Rottweiler puppy who is almost 1 now for a few hours). And, if I conceived by this cycle, it would have happened before now and the embryo would have started it's journey it slow journey down the Fallopian tubes. Of course, thinking about that just depresses me even more since I'm sure that it didn't work again even though the timing was much better and that isn't just a bad few days talking. The fact that I'm ovulating early just isn't a good sign at all. Hey, the chance is better than zero since there was egg and sperm together, but it just isn't very likely.

No comments: