Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Life - Edited, and Edited Again

I woke up at 2 am when the cat started barfing. Luckily, the screen door was open and he had gone outside to do it. He has figured out I like him much better when he isn't barfing on my rugs/floor. Never went back to sleep.

The morning, I noticed the cap on my back upper right molar was loose. The dentist said she could see me if I left then, which I did causing me to miss all of one meeting and part of another. When they tried to see if the cap would come off, the tooth holding it broke. No other option other than extraction. Meeting with an oral surgeon tomorrow afternoon at the same time I had my u/s appointment.

I reschedule my u/s appointment for this afternoon. A resident did the u/s. She was so nervous it was cute. We only gave her a little bit of a hard time when she had trouble finding things. The one on my right grew from 10 to 13.something. The RE thinks it will make it. I don't. My left is down to one that is sitting at 20.something. We agreed...at my suggestion...to do IUI after 30 hours instead of 36. I trigger tomorrow morning at 8:45 am for an IUI Friday afternoon at 2:45 pm.

Remember me saying how much work I had to do. Out of the office for two appointments today. One tomorrow. One Friday. All of which the travel time alone is anywhere between 1 - 2 (or more) hours depending on traffic. Starting to get stressed.

Max is sick. He had a fever of 101.something at nap time and didn't eat lunch.

I'm tired. Very tired.

And, that's life.

ETA: I especially liked how they kept telling me at the dentist office that I shouldn't be feeling any pain or discomfort since I already had a root canal on that tooth. Right. Yeah. Whatever. But, I DO feel pain, discomfort (not horrible, but enough that pain killers only took away part of it), and a headache that won't quit.

On the other hand, this same tooth was giving me problems/got infected early in the 2ww on the cycle I got preg. with Max. So, maybe in a warped convoluted way, this is a good thing. Got a list of acceptable antibiotics from the RE today to take to the oral surgeon with me tomorrow. It's my body and my history and I know that anytime I have problems with this tooth an infection occurs and a round of antibiotics is needed. In fact, I think it is the only thing I have need antibiotics for in the last 10 years or so.

ETA2: Just you get a well rounded picture of the rest of my day....Max wanted to do nothing but have me hold him in the rocking chair and sing to him....Only one song was okay...Sing, Sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong, etc. ...would do. His temp was up to 102. No dinner. After no lunch. A few sips of OJ and a bit of milk. At 6:15, about 20 min. after a dose of Tylenol, I asked him if he wanted to go night, night. He said...yyyeess. I did my normal chores after he is in bed, sat down to eat my dinner and the foster dog needed to go out to do her business (still won't have anything to do with the doggie door) and I came back to Shadow having eaten my dinner. I didn't bother to make anything else. I just had to laugh since it was the perfect topper for the day. I'm going to go take some pain meds and head to bed myself after checking on sick boy one more time. Good thing I can take days like this in stride most of the time.

I'm doing a good job of not worrying about my kitchen sink that is still leaking (only having to empty the dish capturing the leaky water a few times a day) and still haven't had a chance to get an estimate to fix my CD player in the car that "somehow" got a penny stuck in it. I'm afraid to do that, but really miss the CD play so it is on "the list".

And, that's my day from start to finish, unless something else goes wrong before I fall asleep.

2 comments:

Care said...

Yikes! Hope you can get the tooth taken care of, and Max is feeling better soon - and that he doesn't share the germs with you. Why is it these things always happen when life is already quite hectic? And good luck on the upcoming IUI.

Anonymous said...

I had a sore tooth that was supposed to be in a root canal tooth. They will hurt if there is still infection there. It ended up being pulled and will cost me $3000 for an implant.

I would fix the leak asap. Water damage really damages houses. Besides, it sounds like the issue is not going away, so pay now or pay more later.


Rae