Monday, August 27, 2007

Maybe now I can sleep...

I've been keyed up tonight and having a hard time settling. After reading, tossing and turning, watching a bit of TV, turning on and off the light a few times, I finally decided to write a quick note to Dr. P telling her how often I think about her, and Dr. N, and their family. It ended up not being so quick. It's been something I have been meaning and wanting to do for awhile. When I was visiting this weekend, I found out that their son was in pre-school with my friend's sister son. And, when I took Max to his 2 year ped appointment, I could only imagine walking up the hill to the clinic to show off Max and how happy Dr. N would have been to see him, like I did and he was, when Max turned one. So, I guess it has been on my mind a bit more than normal. I really, really miss Dr. N. Sometimes, I still can't believe the tragedy that cut short his life.

I'm going to try to get into the clinic sometime early this week for an u/s. I'm only cd10 (I think?), but can tell I have a follicle on my left and maybe even a smaller one on my right. My clinic batch cycles and is "in cycle" right now or soon so getting an appointment may be harder than usual. Maybe I'll be in another 2 ww by the weekend.

Another thing on my mind as I was tossing and turning is DE financing. I'm internally debating refinancing my house taking out cash. I think I'll only need 40K for a DE cycle, but am pondering taking out a full 100K to payoff some credit card debt that has crept up a bit and then using the other 40K to invest for Max likely in an education fund for Max that I can use for tuition in the likely event I end up sending him to private schools because unless I can get him into a good local charter school that is what I will need to do. I'm thinking I may be able to make more on the money invested than the mortgage loan rate and it may be the smartest option to make the most of my money. I need to think about it some more and do some research.

I've also been feeling, well, a bit...horny...along with keyed up and restless. I haven't felt this way in a long while. Makes me wonder if it is a good fertility sign for the month and hope that maybe (even thought I know it is so darn unlikely, I can't seem to help hoping), just maybe, this cycle will be the one that gives me another miracle child.

1 comment:

Babykins said...

Hi, pretty new to the blogging world and been looking thru posts. Crib tents are the best, with my first son I was tortured for 6 months. Every night was a fight with my son to get to bed and the hours I spent rubbing his back to get to sleep. I got Crib tents with my other two. It was the best investment I ever made to keep my sanity.