Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the support. I know that selective reduction can be very controversial and heated. I feel secure in my decisions and the reasons for it, but it has been really nice to have such support, instead of nay sayers making me feel worse for an already difficult decision. It is not a choice I know that everyone could and would make.

Really, I'm fine right now on this. I'm sure I'll be bawling my eyes out at the time, no matter how right the decision is for me and my family. Plus, I'm really afraid of the procedure itself, and I think I'll want to do CVS or early amnio prior, just to make sure that they are all genetically normal before reducing. The idea of someone sticking a nice long needle into my uterus through the amnio sack so near that which I hold so precious just turns me off and scares me. I declined amnio with Max because it just wasn't worth the risk and I new I would not reduce even if there were issues. However, when you add in twins into a family already with a young child and your going to reduce anyway, I would just like to make sure all is well with all of them before reducing.

In talking it through with a friend today, I think I'll request to not have any gender information until after, because I just can't make a decision like that. Sure, easy if their all the same, but what do you do with 2 of one and 1 on the other? I know many that would want and go for b/g and if that's what is the result, fine. But, I don't want to be deciding that. Plus, I think mostly it is off of position anyway, all things being equal and which is the likely to disrupt the entire pregnancy.

Anyway, I'm tired and not feeling so hot...ever sense I posted I was feeling fine I've had low grade nausea on and off...it's usually not horrible, but I think I'd rather just puke and get it over with. And, it's often hard to decide whether eating will make it better or worse.

Busy day today. Busy day tomorrow. Busy week. Then, I think. I only think I know what busy is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FWIW I say eat. I always felt better after I had a little snack. Good choice not to find out gender. I think you are right it will most likely be done on placement, placenta, size and a bunch of other factors. I've been thinking of you all day. Let me know if you need anything.

CoCo

tripntwinmom said...

I agree with you on not finding out what the genders are. When I discussed the option with the doc while pregnant with the triplets, I was told that they used many factors when reducing such as location, size, etc. It really was not going to be my choice. My body naturally reduced from 4 to 3 and maybe your will do the same.

((HUGS)) to you during this very tough time. Hope you feel better soon!

JennP

Drowned Girl said...

I'm behind you xx

Katrina said...

I think your plan is smart. I would definitely want to know that all were chromosomally normal before making the decision on which to reduce...though it also sounds like much of the choice will really just be based on location...

I have been thinking about you a lot...what a tough position to be in.