Friday, January 25, 2008

Oh My Shadow

My Shadow can't walk right now. I don't know what happened. I let her out when I got back from my genetic counseling consult (mandatory for anyone doing CVS) and she was outside for a long time. I kept looking for her since it was pouring down rain (so tired of the rain and we are supposed to have it at least through the weekend) and she was moving around and at one point just laying happily in the grass. Finally, I went searching for her and found her laying in the flower bed outside my bedroom and called her in. She got up to come and couldn't. I went out the help her and ended up carrying her in. I left her in one of the beds in my room and went to tend to Max and then brought her her dinner and she had tried to move closer to us and had vomited. I helped her get into her more comfortable bed and we both went to bed. Now, she's breathing heavy like she has to pee, but can't move and I don't know how to help her at this point. She's starting to get stressed/distressed. She's been bad before and could barely walk and rebounded, but now she can't seem to get her back legs under her. Oh God, I don't want to have to put her down and I've thought I would have to before and she rebounded, but I just don't know this time. If she still can't walk in the morning, I guess I'll have to. She has had a good long life, but I selfishly want it to be longer. Poor girl, her mind is still there, but her body is just not supporting her. I just forced some pain meds down her. Maybe that will help. Off to comfort her and cry a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry...
-Margie