Thursday, November 01, 2007

Momma's Bed

I know I've said it many times before, but this son of mine amuses me so.

He woke up early this morning having pee'd through everything as expected after all he drank last night. When went in to tell him it was still night night time and offer milk, he said "no, sleep in Momma's bed". I had to laugh and freed him. Stripped him down and brought him to my bed knowing full well that was the end of sleep for us both since my bed is a place for him to watch sports, play on the computer, and jumpy, jumpy, jumpy to the refrain of "Max, be careful. You could fall and get really hurt from mommy's bed since it is so tall." As I try to distract him into a more safe activity.

The day ended as it began, with him begging to sleep in Mommy's bed...as he ran stark naked across the house...laughing. So, I got him dressed and he drank his milk on my bed stalling bedtime as he reminded me we hadn't gone out and looked at the stars and for the moon tonight singing twinkle twinkle. Yet, he didn't know that I started bedtime routine early expecting such since he only played in his crib during nap time instead of actually sleeping and I was prepared for such tactics after an early day.

Often, I have to wonder how his mind works and why all of a sudden after months of being no where near my bed he brings it up? What reminded him of this or made him think about it? Has he missed our morning cuddle and play time as much as I have with his sleeping late routine? He does this for various things often. Things I'm surprised he even remembers it has been so long.

We will see what tomorrow brings and what other funny things he comes up.

And, I started to get stressed about my pending cycle today. I have no calendar or protocol. As far as I know my donor has no calendar or protocol although she has meds (which irritates me every time I think about it), still have no signed contract, haven't heard boo from the clinic, the agency, or the lawyer. I thought about getting on the horn to chase things down, but decided to wait until Monday since tomorrow under the guise of working I'm going to the chiropractor in the morning and the acupuncturist in the afternoon with fitting in work around that and hoping no big fires break out on the work front while I'm out and backing up someone else who is out.

ETA: Getting back to Halloween. Isn't it just the way of things that Max's nanny and I searched high and low for his dodger cap yesterday before he went out trick or treating. No where to be found. I went to start laundry this morning and it was sitting right there on the dryer. Sigh.

No comments: