Wednesday, April 30, 2008

That's that....

I'm tired and cranky and not feeling well. It's 8 pm and Max is still awake. He napped today for the first time in forever. I've locked myself in my room cause I'm tired of him coming in and climbing up on my bed and laughing when I tell him to get back to bed. Plus, I had a post almost finished, made sure I saved it before I left to take him back once again, and lost the damn thing anyway. None of the above makes me happy. What does make me happy is that the first time he came out it was to tell me he had a poo and he left the diaper on. I made sure to praise that up big and give him extra cuddle time.

Anyway, back to the original post....

The blood clot is gone. All is fine.

I woke up at 4 am to go pee and as I was climbing back in bed, I felt something start to slide out of my vagina. I quickly got back to the toilet and passed the biggest ugliest clot you have ever seen. It was huge, huge, huge. At least the size of my palm and maybe my entire hand. It didn't look like any blood clot I have ever seen/had before. It was brown/tan and looked like an alien or an ugly octopus with no legs. I had fears that it might have been one of the live babies or the dead one, even though logic told me that it had to be the clot. Plus, I felt movement so figured that at least one of the babies still had to be alive and that if I actually had delivered there would be much more blood and pain involved. At the time, I had no pain, it just slid right on out. However, I did have cramping most of the day. I convinced the peri to let me come in because my other worry was that my cervix had opened to pass such an atrocity. Not only did it show indeed the clot was gone, apparently he felt the color and size were normal, and my cervix length was back to 5.2. He made me feel a bit small, like a paranoid freak, but at least he let me come in and I was reassured. Easy for him to say it's normal as I'm sure he never passed an ugly clot that size or he would understand the worry.

ps. The locking myself in my room seemed to be effective cause Max came and tried my door, couldn't get in and then went back to bed without saying anything. However, the cat is currently locked out and not pleased about that, but I'm not letting him in until this entry is posted cause if I lost this post a second time I just may loose it.


Laura in L.A. said...

Oh, Debbie, thank you for posting the end first! :) I am SO GLAD the clot is gone, and your cervix is longer to boot!!

All peri's, (REs and OBs, too!)male and female, should be required to pass a clot bigger than their heads out of their nether parts before the state will certify them! Extra points for blood all over the bathroom floor, and having it happen in the middle of the night when they are all alone!

But happy day-- the clot is gone. :):)

Love, Laura

QuiltingChaos said...

OMG, Deb... so glad the clot is gone, and Laura, that is quite a curse you just wished on OBs and REs!

Um, so did you save it in a baggie and take it to the peri (only asking because I'm pretty sure that's what i would have done)?

Laura in L.A. said...

OK, so I was a little bit harsh. :):) I just don't want any medical professional downplaying the horror of unexpected bleeding and clots! Or even expected ones!

When Debbie said that the peri made her "feel small," it got my back up!

I'm so relieved that the clot is gone.

Love, Laura