Saturday, April 05, 2008

Mystery Solved

We were out and about with friends this morning and mid morning I realized I had poured, but not packed a cup of milk for Max for the ride home in the car. I figured that I had just got side tracked and left it sitting on the counter. When we came home, I searched and searched and could not find it. Yet, I KNOW I had poured it into a red cup. I decided to go rest since Max was in bed and look again later. Maybe not that big of a deal unless you have found an old sour milk sitting around curdled and smelly before. Not pleasant. Anyway, I figured it out. I had poured it and left it sitting there. Max saw it, got it, and drank it and returned it to the other side of the counter. Good to know I wasn't completely loosing it.

We have not been able to find the remote control for our TV for well over a week and probably almost two weeks. I've searched. Noemi has searched. It didn't seem to be anywhere. It has been driving me crazy and I keep looking in the same spots I've looked before. Noemi had looked under the couch at least twice that I saw with my own eyes. I decided that the only logical place it could be is under the couch and I needed to suck it up and look there myself. Not only is it difficult for me to get up and down, off the ground like that but that type of movement...especially at night...is a trigger for vomit. But, I was determined to find it because we can't watch any of our prerecorded DVR shows without it. And, there it was. Right there. In plain site. Close enough to the edge I didn't even have to go get a broom or something to help fish it out. Sigh. I guess sometimes you really do just need to do something yourself if you want it done right. At least it is now found.

One of the things we did this morning was go to travel town to see and ride the trains. Max just loves, loves, loves this place. We went with a few friends, which I think just added to his excitement. One of the friends bought Max and her daughter a train whistle in the shape of a train with bubbles inside thinking that the bubbles would come out when you blow, which didn't happen, but this did not diminish the joy of this gift for Max. While there he kept running to the fence every time the train came past and blew his whistle along with the engineer. Probably the funniest thing he said all day (over and over and over) was "EVERYONE needs a whistle". He loves it so much he wanted to take it to bed with him. Ah, sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

No comments: