Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Baby A (boy) was born at 6:40 pm on 6/11/08. He weighed in at 2 lbs 11 1/2 oz, 16 inches.

Baby B (girl) was born at 6:42 pm on 6/11/08. She weighed 2lbs 12 oz, 15 1/2 inches.

Names are still TBD/

Both are reportedly doing well with issues as expected for gestational ages and nothing serious so far.

I'm doing fine. I'm so darn hot and sweaty and vomiting up a storm even without having eaten and drunk in over 14 hours. A bit emtional at times. I saw each baby for a second or two as they were taken out of my tummy. I'll be able to see them tomorrow one I can get up and about. The NICU took and brought my a few pictures of both, which is great and thoughtful. And, in looking at them and the need for them and knowing that even when I do see them tomorrow I will only be able to touch and talk to them, but not hold them and cuddle them in.

9 comments:

Ellie said...

Congratulations Deb!

It must be so tough not bneing able to be with them straight away - brings back memories of my sister parked up peering at polaroids of her twins, before she could get up and about.

I hope they grew well and stay problem-free.

((HUGS))

Joanna

Aimee said...

Congrats Deb!!! Your babes are in my thoughts & prayers. I hope you were able to get some good sleep in last night. I'm so very happy for you!!! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Deb!!!! I woke up early to check your blog. I'm so happy to hear that so far everything is going well!! I cant wait to hear what names you choose!!!

XOXO

CC

Wendchymes said...

congratulations debbie,

it is such a relief to hear that they are doing well, and that they are safely delivered. I am currently nannying for 4 month old twins that were born prematurely, and they are doing great, and i am sure your twins will flourish as well. eager to hear the names, and see some pictures when you get a chance,

congrats to you and max on your beautiful new family !

Care said...

Congratulations Deb! I'm glad both babies are doing well. Must be so hard not to have had the chance to snuggle up with them, and I hope it won't be much longer before you can.

Anonymous said...

Huge hugs. Praying for them both and for you to heal quickly. Harding

CONGRATS!

Solitaire said...

Congratulations, Deb!! I hope you are able to cuddle them very soon. I'm glad to hear they're doing well.

Laura in L.A. said...

What a whirlwind, Deb-- I can't believe the babies are here! :):) I'm so very happy and relieved that things are going well. I hope YOU get to feeling better soon, too! You've got THREE kids now! WOW! I'm green with envy! (but in a good way! :):))

Prayers going out that everything continues on this strong path.

Love, Laura :):)

Drowned Girl said...

oh my... good luck to you all x