Wednesday, June 11, 2008

12 Hour Update

It has been 12 hours since my water broke.

No sign of active labor. A few contractions here and there.

I'm thirsty. I'm hungry. I have a head ache. I'm tired. At least I am no longer boiling hot and the room is starting to cool after a thermostat adjustment.

My sister stopped by and we got all the arraignments set for Max and such...like picking up Shadows meds, and a few things I'd like done like getting Max presents from his new brother and sister.* I think we are good until at least next Thursday with coverage, then my cousin comes on a week from Sunday.

Being monitored so much is a PITA. It's hard to keep both babies on the monitor so I try not to move much, but still they will fall off. And, even though I can't drink a thing....boy, a nice tall glass of ice water sounds so good and refreshing right now....I'm on an IV drip so I have to get up to pee which is a challenge with all these cords, I leak fluid all over everything, and ever since the u/s this morning, I think boy baby's head is on a nerve or something on the left side of my pelvis causing pain when I get up or put pressure on it.

Emotionally, I'm doing mostly fine. I get teary when talking about or to Max. He called a bit to talk to me and tell me that he had Mac N Cheese for lunch, that he was playing with his comona (sp?) train, and he had a big poo poo this morning when he woke up and Aunt Kris was here. You know. Important stuff. Mostly, I really want this show to be on the road and to just deliver these kids already on the one hand, but then know how important every hour and day is at this point for them to stay inside and I feel guilty and know I can and will suck it all up until the doc says its time. Plus, I haven't talked to teh doc and haven't seen teh doc and the nurses know little and I want more information, not that it really matters, but I'd like to read the u/s report. I'd like to know what my labs were last week. I'd like to know if I'm dilated and if so, how much but don't think they will check that since there is really no point since I won't have a vaginal delivery anyway and it will introduce more opportunity for infection. I'm an information kind of gal and just like to know regardless and that's not the way hospitals work.

So, I'll lay here and try to keep my mind off of things and take things minute by minute. I wish I could say I'm enjoying my last bit without the twins in my life, but in truth, I'm not. Probably, I won't be feeling better after they come either with the c-section recovery, the hormones, and ssing my little ones born too darn early and hopefully not fighting for their lives.

I can do no more or no less than just wait, wait, wait. What will happen will happen soon enough.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Being born on June 12th is a lucky lucky day :) Well, you know, really good people are born that day :) Okay fine...it's my birthday!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your two little bundles!

Laura in L.A. said...

Debbie, thank you for posting an update in the middle of your ordeal. I am thinking of you and praying for you and the babies non-stop, and, like you, I'm an information gal. I'm glad to know what's going on. I can't believe your doctor hasn't been by yet! I know OBs get busy, but gee whiz!

Computer being goofy so I'm going to post while I can.

Love to you and the babies and Max and Shadow and the kitty and all of the rest of the family,

Laura

daisy said...

I have been reading daily for a long time now with so little time/ability to comment. But I wanted to know I am thinking of you and your little tribe and wishing you all the best. Hang in there! You have been through so much, and well, you're kind of like a hero, really. You are one tough chick! Daisy XO

Solitaire said...

Oh my! Debbie, you and the babies are in my thoughts and prayers. Is there any chance they will let you hang out for longer, or do the babies absolutely have to come out within 24 hours? I hope everything will be just fine and that they will be strong and healthy.

harmonie said...

can't read without sending prayers and healthy thoughts to you and your babies