Friday, June 06, 2008

150 - Should be going home!

Fasting Blood Sugar Level - 130
1 hr. post breakfast Level - 150

Well, well, well below 200. Yeah, I should be going home. Hip Hip Horay!!

And, it wasn't totally carb free either. I woke up at 4 am starving. By the time that 5 am came around, knew there was no way I could wait until breakfast and that I should take the tack I have for the entire pregnancy which is paying attention to my body and what it is tell me and eating when and what it was asking. So, I called for my fasting blood test, then drank a milk and ate an apple and a few almonds figuring that if eating that tipped me over the scale than there were serious issues and I probably shouldn't go home anyway. I tested myself 1 hour after eating that since they considered it a snack and not a meal, but I wanted an idea. I tested at 160. Breakfast came earlier than planned, of which I was happy, because I was still hungry and I ate my ham and cheese omelet and decided to eat my 1 carb yogurt because I was still hungry, it sounded good, and I figured that if a yogurt was going to put me over, again, there were problems anyway.

Now, it is just tick tock, tick tock until around lunch time and Dr. T shows up. I'll try to distract myself and not count every minute, but I'm not making any promises.

1 comment:

QuiltingChaos said...

Hoping you made it home...