Wednesday, June 11, 2008

3 am, 6/11/08

Will today be my babies birthday? For that, we will need to wait and see. My water broke at 3 am. I stared in disbelief wondering what the odds are was wrong for about 5 - 10 minutes. Figured I probably wasn't so called OB, sister, and friend in that order. OB said go to Labor and Delivery STAT. Sister said she'd come now. Friend arrived a few minutes after sister and accompanied me.

I am currently hooked up to every monitor known to man. I was allowed breakfast and am now on a "nothing by mouth" until further notice. An u/s was done, but I have very little information from it other than one baby was 14.97 g and the other 14.50 g. Haven't had time to convert to lbs.

The current plan is to monitor me to see if I go into active labor. I was told I was having contractions about 10 min. apart when in L&D. With all the activity of getting admitted and moved back to the High Risk Unit, we haven't gotten a good strip, but I am starting to feel contractions. Once I go into active labor, they will not try to stop it with Tributlane. I will have a c-section to deliver the tykes.

More to come.

7 comments:

QuiltingChaos said...

Deb-
Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed.
1.497 kg = 3.3 pounds
1.45 kg = 3.2 pounds
-Margie

Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer for you to keep those babies cooking. Thansk for the conversion Margie thats not a bad size.
.. a lurker in Oxnard/Camarillo
Rooth

Laura in L.A. said...

Debbie, praying for the health and safety of you and the babies.

Praying, praying, praying.

Love, Laura

Care said...

Deb, I am thinking of you, and both you and the babies will be in my prayers for a safe delivery, should that be the plan.

Aimee said...

thinking of you and your babes and hoping for a smooth and healthy delivery!!! ;o)

Clara said...

Deb,
Please know that you are constantly in my thoughts. You have a lot ahead of you, so try to rest and take care of yourself.

-Susan

Anonymous said...

Deb - Thinking of you! We are exactly the same amt along in our pregnancies (to the day in fact!) and I know that babies at this stage do very well when delivered early. I'll be thinking of you this evening and waiting for updates (((((HUGS))))

CC (from SMC)