Saturday, October 01, 2005

Date Night

I was dressed to the 9’s (old college t-shirt and maternity shorts, hair that hasn’t been washed in days, and not even a hint of make up).

I had a great meal (single woman’s pasta – 3 min. capellini noodles with jar spaghetti sauce poured over it, topped with parmesan cheese and a few pine nuts). Who really needs more than one course?

Some wine (1/2 a bottle, about 2 and a half glasses consumed over the course of a few hours, a good bottle – Sterling 2001 Merlot, one of the many I stocked up on over the years for AC [after child] when I was poor and couldn’t afford the good stuff). First time I drank since way before I was pregnant. Boy did it taste good.

A movie (a nice romantic comedy - Drew Barrymore in Never Been Kissed).

Some cuddling on the couch (Lucky, Max, and I shared while Shadow lay within a hands reach).

Atmosphere (a nice messy house that I “meant” to pick up today and never quite got to – dishes in the sink, mail from several days thrown about, dog toys and discarded clothing spread about, etc.)

Low key (first dinner I have eaten at home since at least Wednesday [can’t remember as what happened on Tuesday or before so who really knows how long it has been]. Something to be said for staying in for a change.

What more can a girl want on a Saturday night?

Gosh, it really was a good time, but all good things must come to and end. My hot date fell asleep before the night was through (Max is nicely asleep in the swing letting me have some computer time for a change). It was very relaxing, even if it did end in spilled milk (me with a nice breast leak spot [left] from so called date falling asleep too soon).

I’m so glad I have my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since time is limited and I have so many post ideas running through my head and not enough time to do them, what would you rather read about….

1) ‘Roids – as in hemorrhoids (things that probably should never really be discussed)
2) The nanny situation (aka why I still haven't/can't make a decision)
3) My 6 week post partum and my brief visit by the peds office with Max
4) Psychics, making peace with my dad/letting go of the anger (aka why I have trust issues)

ETA: Or something else? Open to suggestions! Helpful vs. un-useful baby gifts/items? Why naps are so great and yet I never new it before? What is keeping me awake at night? (it is not the obvious/what you may think)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K – It was great to talk to you today. This is what Max looked like when we were on the phone.




Kaia - Great to talk to you today as well. I’m so sorry to hear about your cat. I read your entry on N54. It had me in tears. I can empathize with the regret of not spending quality time over the last few months (yes, I picked up on that because of my own guilt with my two doggies), but remember…our pets love us unconditionally. She sounds like she was such a lovely companion. As trite as it probably sounds, she will always be apart of your life in your memory. Remind me of that when one of my beloved passes, okay? My heart breaks for you.

Jen - Hope to see you soon at the next SMC meeting. I need to think of something good to make/take? Any thoughts/ideas?

C - It was great spending time with you yesterday. It was worth missing a nap for. (smile)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May I be as blessed tomorrow as I was today.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Awww - sounds like a wonderful day! :) Glad you enjoyed your date night, and thanks for sharing that pic! :) Very cute! It was great talking to you too. :)