Sunday, October 09, 2005

My little angel

Early this morning, I was wondering if there was a best baby award. I was thinking Max may win it or at least be a solid contender because he has slept 6 – 7 hours straight two nights in a row. However, he has been a crabapple most of the day so I will have to hold off on my submission just yet. He is peacefully sleeping at the moment. Mommy is hoping he wakes up in a better mood. Since he is almost 2 months old and I can count the number of times he has been fussy on one hand, I really can’t (and am not) complain. Poor guy. I think he may be constipated. Not that I like cleaning up after icky, icky poo poo diapers, but I can’t really remember the last time I had to which means it is at least a few days (like 3 or 4?) ago. Either that or he is so used to being on the go, he was protesting a rare day at home with no plans (other than walking the dogs).

I thought I had the nanny situation resolved, but it looks like it isn’t going to work out. Really, I was kind of relieved when I heard the news.

I had two messages when I got home yesterday from a few hours of socializing with fellow SMC’s (single mom’s by choice). The first message was from a local SMC telling me that her old nanny was looking for a position and that she just loved her. I was a bit disappointed that I had extended an offer to someone else on Friday.

[Said little angel just woke up and currently playing on play mat. We will see how long that lasts].

The person I extended the offer to is temporarily working for a good friend (who has twins) while she waits for an au pair to arrive. I have met her several times and she does a great job with the kids. That, along with the fact that she is relatively inexpensive ($300 week) are the two biggest plusses for her. The minus are that she doesn’t speak English, she is a live-in, and pay would be under the table. My friend and the nanny (and kids) came over on Friday and we talked (as best as possible with the language barrier). My friend said she was on board and wanted the job. I was less sure and wanted someone who spoke both fluent English and Spanish to talk to her, just to be sure. The second message was from my friend saying it was a “no go”. Like I said, I was relieved.

I am interviewing two other nannies. One this afternoon. She is a friend of the nanny of a friend. The other tomorrow afternoon. She is the old SMC’s nanny. Both are live out. We will see.

I am feeling much less pressured and stressed than I was last week about the whole situation. All of a sudden, I think it is just going to work out the way it was supposed to.

Max has been happily playing while I finish this up, but is reaching the end of his patience. However, he is in a much better mood (and a bit stinky, but no blow outs yet). He has really been coo’ing away the last week or two. He is just a cutie.

He is getting so big. I have put him in 3 mo. old clothes the last few days and they fit just perfect. Wow. Good thing I thought to check or he would probably have outgrown them without even one wear.

No comments: