Wednesday, October 05, 2005

My Genius

Max is such a genius at 7 weeks. He has mastered communication so early in life.

He was able to effectively communicate the following with just one statement:

1) Just because he is going to town and sucking on his hand like no tomorrow, he is no longer hungry.
2) He did NOT want a stinking bottle, thank you very much. If he can’t have the real deal, he will have nothing.
3) He wanted bath time with mommy. We haven’t had one in a few days and he just loves them so much he wanted to make sure we didn’t skip it again tonight.
4) He had been in the same onezie for almost 24 hours and wanted a change of clothes before settling in for the night.

I’ll let you contemplate his method of communication while you ponder how much he is growing and what a cutie pie he is.





Max - 7 Weeks

Yes, major barf episode number #2. All over me. All over him. All over the KidKozy. It was a real mess. Again, both of us were just so surprised we just stared at each other for a minute or two.

I haven’t introduced a bottle in quite a few days and was thinking I needed to do that to prevent problems with him accepting it. Hmm. I guess I was right. Got a little problem here that I need to work on. I also haven’t pumped in a few days. I thought about doing that tonight, but decided to blog instead.

He hasn’t had a big blow out poopie dipper in a few days. I was thinking the timing would be perfect for an explosion while in the bath, but I was spared.

Max slept a lot today. I hope he continues this trend through the night. Must be that growth spurt I predicted a few days ago when he was awake and eating like a fiend.

The house is still (or even more of) a mess than yesterday believe it or not. Cleaning wasn’t on the menu for today. Instead I met with a financial advisor, took a nap, hiked/walked with the dogs, talked on the phone, went to dinner with my mom, fed and cared for Max because when he was awake, he wanted to eat and have lots of mamma’s attention.

I was right in thinking that things are more involved and political at work than I thought met the eye. My closest co-worker didn't even know of the org. change until I left her a message and she will be affected by it as well. She said it was briefly brought up in a meeting a week or so ago and she said she didn't think it was a good idea. She thought it had been dropped. And, she hasn't seen eye to eye with my back up while I am out, nor have a few other people. However, my back up has been sucking up to the bosses. I expected nothing less from my back up. Really. I did tell her that she couldn't do such a good job that they didn't want me back. I guess my back up figured out a way around that. My co-worker was less than thrilled when I told her the org. plan. Her words, "I feel like there are a bunch of small fires under my bridge that I don't know about and they are going to heat up and it will come crashing down on me." Not much I can do until I go back full time and not really anything I can do to stop the change from happening. May need to make a few more phone calls though to get a better picture of what I will be going back to. Sigh. Got a call back from my boss’s admin. My official go back date is October 31. Halloween. Bigger sigh.

Tomorrow….in addition to having lunch with a friend…I vow to work on the nanny/day care situation, look at my budget and what I can really afford, and call my tax guy to understand the tax implications. I really, really must. The house can go to pot one more day.

No comments: