Saturday, October 29, 2005

Cranky Baby

Very cranky baby today. Very needy and high maintenance. He wanted to be held all day. He would fall asleep on the breast, but if I would put him down. He would instantly be awake and cry. No, not just cry. SCREAM. He behaved the best while at the V. SMC get together today. He fell asleep in my arms then happily got passed along to all of the other mom’s for some baby time. They were lined up, hands washed when I walked in. LOL. One got teary eyed because she wanted another so badly. He is currently zoning out in front of Baby Bach in the bouncy. I hear some noise, but am interpreting that to be coo’ing and talking to the TV. I need the break and am too tired to go in an check and spoil the mood. It is not crying and screaming.

Finally around 5 I gave him some Mylicon drops for gas relief. I wasn’t sure if that was the problem, but figured at this point it couldn’t hurt to try since nothing and I mean nothing else worked to calm him down. Then, I took him and the dogs on a nice long walk around the neighborhood. I think the Mylicon and the fresh air really helped. He has passed a bunch of gas since and is getting back to being my nice happy baby. I even got a small smile out of him a few minutes ago which was a rare treat today. My boobs are sore because he was chewing on them more than just sucking quite a bit. I’m sure there is not milk (or not much anyway) left at this point. I should have not let him, but hey, it was better than all out screaming. At its worst, even the boob wasn’t good enough. Sigh. I think this goes down as the second most difficult day. The first still being the first night home from the hospital. Too many days like this and I will be glad to go back to work and leave him with Niomi. Okay, looks like my break is over. I think I will put us both in the bath and see if he will go down for the night.

No comments: