Friday, October 28, 2005

A Precious Gift

One of the ladies on my team made a “keepsake book” out of a paper bag, construction paper, stickers and ribbon. It came in yesterday’s mail. It is one of the most precious gifts I have received. The creativity is outstanding. In it she had the following story....


A Precious Gift

“Where did I come from?” the baby asked its mother. She answered, half-crying, half-laughing, and clasping the baby to her breast: “You were hidden in my heart as its desire, my darling. You were in the dolls of all my childhood games. In all my hopes and my loves, in my life, in the life of my mother, and in her mother before her, you have lived. In the lap of the Eternal Spirit you have been nursed and anticipated for ages.”

I don’t know if she copied it from someplace or made it up, but it just touched my heart and made me weep. It gives me new thoughts and perspective on what story I want to tell Max when he is old enough to ask.

No comments: