Tuesday, December 28, 2004

1st OB u/s - Good News!

My doctor took pity on me and let me come in today for my first OB Ultrasound. My friend Heather came with me. I was so worried. The good news is that we saw one sac and one yolk sac. Ovaries and tubes look good and clear. I was/am so relieved. Since I have been spotting and cramping my doctor did say that my chances of miscarriage are increased. Based on seeing the sac today he said 75% chance of successful pregnancy 25% chance of miscarriage. The odds get better next week if/when we see the heartbeat. When my doctor responded to my email from yesterday saying I could come in today, I almost didn’t want to go I was so afraid of bad news. I am so glad that I did. I am calm for now and back to feeling like maybe this could work out. I hope the spotting and cramping stays away. The house is still a wreck with the dishwasher still full of clean dishes, more dirty dishes pilled up, and more clothes laying around. The rain has temporarily stopped so I feel like I should go take the dogs out while I can rain free. But, I think I will go take a nap instead. Wow. I am really happy. This is the “most” pregnant I have ever been.

No comments: