Saturday, May 31, 2008

Tag - Your it.

I was tagged...

Actually, I was tagged a week ago, but heck...I'm pretty much behind on everything these days. I still have calls from February to return; between Noemi and I, we just got Easter decorations down this week (ahead of my personal goal of before June I might add); the only reason I'm mostly current on bills is that I have all regular bills auto pay and went through all paperwork for the extra one off bills was that I didn't want to buy the van until I was sure I didn't have any big surprises I didn't know about. Anyway, as I tell folks IRL, it's nothing personal that I don't respond right away, I only have so much time and energy in any one given day and I have to pace myself.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

1) What was I doing ten years ago?

10 Years ago was 1998. I was 32. I moved to Southern California in November 1, 1995 so I had been in my house for about 3 years. I think that was about the time I got my second roommate, Willie (should call and find out how he's doing, haven't seen or talked to him since last fall). He was divorced with two young girls who are now in high school (oh how the time flies) and he wanted to get them a puppy and saw an add in the penny saver and I went with him to pick her out. That dog was Lucky, who really became my dog, the love of my life, who died from complications from cancer two years ago. I still miss her. Getting, loving, training, and taking care of Lucky was probably the biggest stepping stone to me ultimately deciding to become an SMC. She really was a bit of a high maintenance dog looking back now. And, really if she were alive and well, I bet she and Max would not really get along well since they both want and need to be center stage for my attention. Shadow is nice and mellow and puts up with all of Max's shenanigans. Lucky probably would have had a love/hate relationship with him. Although, who knows, she was very protective of him when he was a baby.

2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:

Visit with a friend and her family who is in town visiting
Get groceries
Remember to eat on schedule, according to plan, and monitor my glucose levels
Take a nap
Ah, what else?? take care of Max ??, walk the dog?? does that count?

3) Snacks I enjoy:

Usually, my all time favorite snack is chocolate chip cookies. Then, cookies of any type. Now, the thought of them is unappealing. I'm not usually a chip fan, but have eaten them more (like maybe 5 times) since I've been pregnant then ever. With Max it was turkey sandwiches, ice cream and oranges. This time, it has been apples, yogurt, cheese and pickles, and on rare occasion chips.

During pregnancy, really the thought of most foods turn me off and I can't eat things I normally would. I can be hungry and look in the fridge and the cupboards and back to the fridge and just not eat because nothing looks or sounds appealing.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Quit work and become a SAHM, and still keep a nanny at least part time or maybe go the opposite and get a live in (see next item about a bigger house)

Move to a bigger house probably in the town most of my close SMC friends live

Get a new dog, probably a puppy since I would have more time to care for him/her with not working and I'd be able to pay for someone else to take up the slack

Travel more (bringing paid help with me so that it actual feels like a vacation) so that we have at least one family trip someplace a year and then a visit to extended family in Michigan for a few weeks a year so that Max and the twins gets to know and grow up with his other cousins.

Buy a boat and a place on a lake, in the mountains, to use as a vacation get away that takes no longer than a few hours to drive.

Donate or set up funds for a few of my causes like infertility (especially single women) and dog rescues.

5) Places I have lived:

As a child thru college:
Saginaw, MI; Traver City, MI; Stockton, CA; Arlington, TX; Camarillo, CA; Fresno, CA;

As an adult thru now:
Farmington Hills, MI; Sterling Heights, MI; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA

6) Jobs I have had:

High School (and before) - baby sitter, hostess, waitress, office clerical staff for an insurance agency

College - waitress, aid in a convalescent hospital (night shift), office clerical staff for the same insurance agency as HS during summer, office clerical staff for a fertilizer trucking company

After college - business analyst, computer programmer, team leader, project manager for health care and health insurance IT projects; manager for process and productivity projects; administrative/people care manager; project and program office manager supporting a variety of industries.

7) Peeps I want to know more about:

Tag. Your it.

(Note: Written Friday night to post on Saturday. Because I will be a visiting tomorrow and I've been wanting to test this feature, and heck, it's nice to spread the posts out so there isn't a feast or famine type situation )

No comments: