Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a day....

I am wiped out. Today pretty much took all I had and then some.

Max woke up 3 times last night and was up at 5 am for good, which means I was up at 5 am for good.

I finally got around to taking that 3 hour GTT (Glucose Tolerance Test) which is the fasting one. I won't be surprised if I failed it miserably. Of course, I couldn't find the lab slip anywhere and went through all of my loose paperwork 3 times. I called my OB's office and they were able to fax the request directly to the lab, but I got a later start as a result. The only bonus was that I was able to connect to an unsecured wireless network and work while I waited, waited, waited for the hourly blood draws.

I get back from GTT to all of the books on the bookshelf all over the hallway floor. Apparently, Max shook the bookcase, not only once, but twice, causing them to fall everywhere and it was a huge mess. He's been playing Noemi a bit and it seems that often she doesn't have the control or discipline she should have. I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't have done that if I had been home or if he did, maybe once...no way twice. Then, he wouldn't stay in his room for quiet time for her and I had to step in and get stern and he didn't come out. Now, I'm not a huge disciplinarian, but I do give him consequences for his actions or choices and I pretty much always follow through which he knows. I need to talk to her about this, but today wasn't the day. She wasn't feeling well and all of us were tired.

Max had diarrhea all evening, but was so wiped out he didn't leave his bed even once before falling asleep.

I found out that something big is likely going to go down later this year on the work front...probably while I'm out on maternity leave...that makes it probable that I'll come back from leave to be told my position was eliminated and get laid off. And, the current layoff package which is decent for me has a good chance of being changed prior to that time. Now, it could not happen, but it is much more likely that it will than it won't. Just lovely.

We lost power for several hours this afternoon. I can't work with no power. I have a lot of work I need to do. So, I sorted Max's toys putting all the music instruments together, the bus people with the bus, the airplane people with the airplane, the trains with the trains, the cars with the cars, and put outside toys outside, etc.

The new foam mattress that ordered a few weeks ago arrived today and Noemi helped me set it up. Okay, really, she did most of the work, but it still tired me out even more than I was already tired out. I think the mattress may take a bit to get used to, but will hopefully help improve my sleep and the hip aching and the arm and hand numbness.

And, yes, we did talk about eating poo poo, calling daddy on the cell phone, and pubic hair today, among many other things.


Laura in L.A. said...

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about the potential work fiasco! Fingers crossed that it doesn't come to pass. Also praying for you on the GD front!

Max kills me! He is so funny, even (especially!)when his naughty side is showing!

Love, Laura

calliope said...

oy! what a day you have had.
sending you a virtual foot massage in a totally non creepy way.

Aimee & Hannah said...

Hope your GD test comes out OK with no worries!!!

Hope you get some good sleepin' in soon!!!

Calliope did a wonderful job on your new header!!! I love it!!!