Thursday, May 15, 2008

Just a dream......hopefully

I woke up out of a sound sleep about 30 minutes ago dreaming I was in labor. I had been to the hospital and they told me that I could go home, but needed to be back by 5 or 6 am. I had gone home trying to line up coverage, get a back packed, and such. In the dream, my OB was in the hospital just having delivered herself when she hadn't even realized she was pregnant and was planning on doing my delivery. When I woke up, I was so disoriented and had to keep repeating to myself that it was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream.

I'm not having any contractions that I can tell, just lots and lots and lots of baby movement. Plus, if I really was going into labor they would not be sending me home and telling me to prepare for birth, but keeping me in the hospital trying to stop the labor.

I do need to be up in the 5 am hour with Noemi coming at 5:45 am for a 6 am meeting. I have to bring her in early because Max is usually up by then and if for some odd reason not (think Murphy's law, I have to be up and can't sleep in so it will be one of the 5 times in his life he sleeps in) odds are good he'd wake up while I'm in the meeting. There is just no way I can cover the meeting and be on-duty as mom at the same time.

I'm not sure if the OB inclusion is my subconscious telling me that I care more than I thought if Dr. P delivers the twins or it was just my analytic mind trying to put a reason (although such a far fetched one that it isn't even funny) to her unexplained leave from work.

I'm pretty awake at the moment so hopefully I can wind down enough to get a tad more sleep tonight before the early, early start to the day.

No comments: