Saturday, August 13, 2005

Still Waiting

It’s Saturday morning and I am still waiting for the big event. I did go to the Dodger game last night and it was a great game. It had a lot of action and went into overtime. The Dodgers ended up winning in the 10th. I got a tad worried that I really should have listened to the advice of friends, family, and the medical profession and stayed home when, as we were pulling into the parking lot, I had a contraction; at least I think it was a contraction, and then I had another one about 10 min. later. I had another third one about an hour later. Then, nothing for the rest of the night. All’s well that ends well, right?

The Dodger dog was delicious, even if it did give me the anticipated heartburn. I was prepared with Tums in my purse so I was set. The people watching was fun, as always. I had a great time and I am really glad that I went.

The worst thing that happened last night is that I got bad chaffing in my thighs that are still sore today. Have I mentioned that I have grown HUGE in the last week or two? I am putting on weight faster than any other time in my pregnancy and eating less. My maternity shorts are so tight in the belly that I have been wearing dresses with a bit more give. Even the dress I wore last night was so tight it was uncomfortable at the end of the night. Today, I am going very casual in grey sweat pants (remember the first maternity clothes I bought that were really 3x sweat pants or so I thought and they turned out to be PJ bottoms? – Well, I am wearing those today) and a T-Shirt. I just need room in my tummy and my thighs not to rub against each other. This kid better come soon cause my clothing options are severely limited again.

Off in a few minutes to a SMC (Single Mom’s by Choice) get together. This actually puts me only 10 min. or less from my hospital. Should be fun. This is my last “planned” activity for the foreseeable future.

Physically, I am feeling tired, but not so tired that I want to just stay home and do nothing. I think that is what tomorrow will be for. For those interested in TMI, the diarrhea has gone by the way side and the only “symptom” is more gooey vaginal discharge.

So, the waiting game continues.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh man, I go away for a couple days and look at all the excitement! I hope you had a great time at the SMC meeting and that your little guy holds off his entrance to the more ideal Monday arrival. ;) Keep us updated!