Sunday, August 14, 2005

Nothing new (aka Still Waiting) - Re- Edited

Edited at 4:31 am Monday, August 15th: The book I am reading in NOT a Tom Clancy one. It is a Clive Cussler one called Lost Town, I think. Yes, I know, not even germaine really to the post, but I couldn't sleep with that mistake in my post. LOL. Yeah, like THAT is why I'm not sleeping.

Re-Edited at 9:09 am Monday, August 15th: The title of the book is really Lost City, not lost town. LOL.

*********************************************************************************

Just thought I would pop in to say that I am still at home waiting for active labor to begin. I got into a book today so have mostly laid around reading (a Tom Clancy one, don’t remember the title at the moment and to lazy to go look). I’m getting a bit crampy so we will see if this is the real deal or just another teaser. I got a bit crampy last night, but it went away after a warm bath and some Tylenol PM. I was having a lot of drainage and have learned that if I lay down and try to sleep that way, I start gagging. The night before I started gagging enough to actually vomit. It reminded me of my first tri. LOL. Anyway, to avoid that and to see if the Tylenol would eliminate the cramping, using the theory that if it was true labor a little Tylenol wouldn’t do squat, I took some. It did take away the cramping and I slept through the night with no repeat contractions or cramping today until awhile ago. I still have had mucus discharge. Hmm. This whole labor thing can be a confusing one. I almost wish I had a crystal ball so I could predict the future and “know” when the time would come. I am starting to get worried that I may not know until it is too late. The waiting is enough to understand why people are so fond of scheduled C-sections. I’m a planner and like executing to a plan. You can only plan so much in this process.

My cousin and I talked this afternoon and weighed the pro’s and con’s of her staying a week longer or going back as planned tomorrow. On the one hand, it would REALLY be nice to have my house to myself with no one around if I knew that it was going to be much longer before having the kid. In the original plan, I would have had a week or two of just “me” alone time, a vacation with just me before I spend the next untold many of years with a constant house companion reliant on me. On the other hand, with my cousin here, I don’t have to worry at all about dog coverage or getting to the hospital in a hurry if things start moving fast. We decided to extend her stay by one week and see what happens. She has agreed that she won’t pressure me to be in the L&D which I would really just do without friends and family (other than my coach if she can make it of course). Plus, she would be a big help when I first get home. Ideally, I will go into labor sometime tonight or early tomorrow or tomorrow night (but, before she has to take her 14 y.o. son to the airport who is flying home as planned).

The cramping seems to be lessening as I sit here typing this so it is probably just another tease. Ugh! I guess time will tell. I really am starting to wish I have gone through this process before so I would have some idea of the signs and what to look for. Although, I have heard that each labor is different even with the same women so it may not actually do any good. Like I said, I am afraid at this point I am going to miss all the signs and end up having the kids at home or on the side of the highway or something. Not likely, I know, but paranoia is starting to set in.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Kids? have you been holding out on us? ;) Just kidding, I am sure it is a typo. I am also very sure that when my time comes I will be the same way...not knowing if it is real or what. All we know, is your time is soon!

Deb2You2 said...

LOL. Yes, just a typo (as far as I know). Twins would REALLY be a shock of much higher degree than the boy/girl thing. LOL.