Friday, August 12, 2005

Still Waiting

Well, looks like the kid is staying put for now. Water is still intact. I got a little crampy around 4 am and had what MIGHT have been 3 small contractions. They were just quick tightening of the uterus. It lasted only a few seconds. One was at 4:10, one at 4:13, and another at 4:16. They didn’t hurt or anything, just a squeeze. I decided to take a bath. Mostly because I have had diarrhea since the exam yesterday and the nether region was feeling a bit sore and raw and a warm soak followed by some Prep H sounded like a good idea. I actually woke up at 1:30 am and never really went back to sleep. I may have dosed between 5:15 and 5:45 and again from 5:50 – 6:15. Hard to tell. I think the lack of sleep was just caused by a hormone shift or something. I’m going back to my pre-pregnancy sleep patterns (or lack there of). Darn. It was good while it lasted. I guess the good news it that I do function fairly well usually will less sleep than most.

Since I was up and could only take one round of the news, I pulled my work computer (laptop) and took it back to bed with me. I logged on to the network for the first time since I have been on leave and sent an update email to a few folks. This actually took almost 2 hours because I had to wait for all of the security patches to auto download (my company is big on security) and my email to sync in the hundreds of emails that came in this last week. I didn’t read them all, just did a quick scan, read a few, deleted a bunch without even looking at them, and left the rest.

I just got back from taking the dogs out and having a pancake breakfast. I think I will go read a bit and see if I can nap this morning. Unless things change, I plan on visiting with my friend H this afternoon who is brining her 18 m.o. twins over to swim and then going to the Dodger game with my friend N for her birthday. Also, the crib is supposed to get delivered and St. Vincent de Paul’s is supposed to come by an finally get the extra furniture out of here.

My OB wasn’t so keen on me going to the Dodgers tonight. She is afraid my water may break while I am there and I won’t be able to get out in time (if the game is ending at that time). But, I think I will just live a bit dangerously and take the risk. After all, I walked around dilated to 2 for a month before it increased to 4. Maybe I will make it through the weekend and into next week before active labor starts.

We are having a rare day (at this time of year) of a nice solid cloud cover with lots of moisture in the air. This means that it is nice and cool out right now. This is a very special treat. It will burn off in a little bit, but it sure is nice for now.

Okay, time to find a decent book and go rest before the day starts snowballing with activity.

No comments: