Friday, August 12, 2005

Playing the pregnancy card….

St. Vincent de Paul has now been here and is gone. It was stressful enough that I’m not sure that I will be able to relax/calm down enough to actually take a nap at this point. And, I am now feeling a bit crampy. Damn them if they got me so worked up that they put me into active labor. They started to refuse to take the furniture because it had been exposed to “animals”. Remember that I got very little sleep last night and have lots of extra hormones about. I almost flipped out on them and had to play the pregnancy card. I have done it very rarely. Anyway, my cousin said I must have seriously scared them. I don’t care. It is gone now. Maybe to a land fill which makes me sad, but at least it is someone else’s problem at this point.

What is it with these f’ing charities and organizations? I haven’t forgotten that used book store incident a month or so ago. Like I told the guy, “What, charities are too good to take used items anymore?” He said the dispatchers know the rules and should have mentioned it to me. I said, well no one did, or I would have dealt with it a month ago instead of waiting when I am 39 weeks pregnant and about to go into labor. Actually, now that I think about it, I didn’t actually talk to the dispatchers, my cousin did. I’ll just assume that they didn’t cover the “rules” with her. Anyway, like I said. It is gone now. But, I had to fight.

While I am on a good rant here….my family is driving me flipping crazy too. They are all well intentioned, but if I get one more phone call asking how I am doing and saying “oh, your still there” or something to that affect. I may need to chew there head off. This is why I didn’t want them around or to know I was actually in labor until the kid was already here. I couldn’t really keep it a secret with my cousin living here with me (until next week). And, my mom is coming to stay the weekend since it is my cousins last one in town, unless she decides to send the kids back and stay to help me out. This is still to be decided based on how things progress this weekend.

I can wish I had the house to myself and peace and quiet. But, wishing is going to get me absolutely now where at this point. Oh well. Sleep. I think some sleep will help. However, it is unlikely at this point. I may just need to brave through it and just pretend that I am not tired and crabby and they aren’t bugging the sh!t out of me. Or, I could just be a crabby b!tch and make them not want to be around me as much as I don’t want to be around them. Like I said, let me go try to get some sleep. It will make a much better weekend for us all.

No comments: