Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Plan

I was able to get in to my acupuncturist today. We decided to take all my bags and stuff, just in case I went into labor. LOL. I put everything in the hall and my cousin loaded it to the car. She left the back of the car open. Little Miss Lucky did not like the looks of this at all. She HATES my little green suitcase. She tried to make herself blend right in. She was determined NOT to be left behind.


Lucky trying to make sure she isn't left behind

I lured her out of the car and shut the door between the courtyard and the garage telling her I would likely be back in a few hours and if not Terri and Carolyn would take good care of her. She didn’t by it one bit and managed to get the door open. The door frame has issues and is falling apart and I just haven’t had time to fix it yet. So, I close the garage door and try to lure her once again back into the courtyard. She wasn’t buying it a second time and climb right in my seat instead.


Lucky Preventing me from going

Finally, I get her out of the garage again and we get on our way. Acu was nice and it was great to see Denise. I haven’t seen her in months and months. She did the “induce pregnancy” treatment. So far, it has worked as well as everything else I have tried and still no active labor.

I finally heard back from my OB late this afternoon and we agreed that I would go in tomorrow to get this active labor thing started, if I don’t start laboring before then. Because it was so late, we couldn’t get things scheduled with the hospital. I’m a bit unclear as to why this is needed, but am letting it go. The plan is for me to call Dr. P’s office tomorrow morning at 9:30 am PT. By then, hopefully her staff will have made whatever arrangements are needed for the hospital and I will be told when to go in. I’ll call my coach and my doula and we will go from there. If it is later in the afternoon, I will have lunch with my friend Heather first. Otherwise, my cousin will have lunch with her by herself.

That is the plan unless we get some real action between now and then. One way or another, I should have the kid with in the next day or two.

No comments: