Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Birthday?

Today could be the day. Wow. It is pretty amazing to think I could have my baby in my arms by the end of the day. I really haven’t thought too much about it because I still worry that something could go horribly wrong and I could get this far and something very bad could happen. I never did get my living will done, but did remind my cousin what I wanted to happen, just in case. She kind of freaked out and said something like “if you keep talking like that I will be at the hospital driving your crazy”. I reminded her that it is very unlikely. Mostly, I think it will work out

Anyway, my work got me a really nice digital camera as a baby gift. It is a Sony Cyber-Shot. It came yesterday and I have already been having fun with it. I took the pictures I posted yesterday of Lucky in the car with it. Here is one of my and the dogs this morning.


Hiking with Lucky and Shadow - Aug. 17th 2005

It’s pretty awesome to think I can be hiking with them this morning and having my baby in my arms by the end of the day.

Last night, I got a really crampy and started not feeling great at all. Enough so that I seriously thought about calling my OB and saying maybe I should come in now. I took a warm bath and tried to settle down thinking if it wasn’t the real deal I would rather be at home in my own house/bed than in a hospital. Plus, one last hike with the dogs. Hey, I’m a planner. If I can plan it, I will (or at least try to). I think I may also have had a contraction this morning while hiking. It was more crampyness/nausea that came and went. Kind of like last night. I think if I hadn’t planned on going in today, maybe it would have happened anyway. As it is, unless I start having regular contractions or something I will go with the existing plan of calling Dr. P at 9:30.

Fast Breaking News: Just got a call from Dr. P’s office and they can take me now (8:30 am). I had to explain that I needed time to get there. Talked to coach and she is going to shower and come get me. Talked to doula and will call her when I get to the hospital, but we agreed to plan on around 10ish. Mary, at Dr. P’s office said the Dr. P was hoping to stop by the hospital on her way to the office “to get things started”, but that just isn’t going to work. I need more prep time than that, which is why I tried to get it arranged yesterday. Oh well, I’m not stressing, but my adrenalin is flowing.

This could happen. I could have a good outcome. I could have my baby by tonight. Wow.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Woohoo!! It's time! It's time! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear the details and see your little guy. :)

carolinagirl79 said...

Awesome! You look adorable!! Good luck to you!!

Katrina said...

The fact that there has been no update for 12 hours tells me this was probably the real thing! Can you tell I am a little excited (and impatient! LOL)? ;)

Katrina said...

Didn't you teach your cousin how to post an update for us? LOL. I think I have checked your website like 100 times today! LOL
I hope everything went smoothly and you are now holding your little guy in your very exhausted arms! :)

Jen said...

Oh you look so cute in your picture!!! I have been checking in on your website lately and am so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of you and your little one :)

Katrina said...

NancyAlaska - I read a brief update on another board that she has had her little boy (wed night) and both are doing well. Hopefully she will find the time and energy to update, but in the meantime, it is really nice to know that everything went well!