Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My son Max

I just love the way that sounds. Like in, I had my son Max in yesterday for a blood draw and they want to do a repeat. I was just checking to make sure the prescription was called in. Or, my son Max had a repeat bilirubin test today and I was wondering if the results were in.


Max - 1 week old

I can’t believe he is already a week old. Or rather he will be in a few short hours. LOL. A week ago today at this time, my water was just broken. I found that to be the grossed part of the whole L&D. Not the breaking itself, but the continuous leaking of fluid afterwards. Yuck. I just hated to have it dripping out of me and down my legs all the time. Again, yuck, yuck, yuck. If I had truly understood what it meant for the water to break, I would never have been at the Dodger game or anywhere else probably. LOL.

[Post started at 12:30 pm and interrupted by Max crying to be fed. Continued at 7:30 pm…]

Max is fast asleep. I probably should be waking him up again for his two hour feeding, but think I will give it a bit so I can finish this. Great news, his bilirubin number dropped 3 points today after only a half day of treatment. I can’t tell you what a relief that is. It was another busy day, but I did manage to nap for about 30 – 45 min. A friend dropped by with dinner for tonight. Another friend came and helped straighten up, did a few loads of laundry, etc. I can't tell you how many feedings or wet or poopy diapers because I have been very, very bad about keeping up my chart today. Sigh. I’m ready for bed, but still have a few more things that really should get done tonight.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Beautiful picture! I am so glad to hear the bilurubin (sp?) levels are going down. Hopefully you will be able to discontinue those frequent blood draws very soon!:)

Elowyn said...

He's gorgeous, Deb, and I'm glad his bili is dropping. Keep on nursing - it's working! It just makes my heart warm to read your blog, after all you went through, you have a SON!!! :D

Jen said...

He is so beautiful!!!! Glad to hear that everything is going well and that the bili level is dropping :)