Friday, August 19, 2005

OMG, I have a son!

Meet Max Alexander. He was born on August 17th at 11:01 pm. He was 8 lbs and was 21 in long. I may be slightly prejudiced, but I think he is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. We got home a few hours ago and have had 2 feedings at home already. I managed to sneak in a nap after the first feeding. I sure needed it. He is asleep after the second feeding cradled in nana’s arms at the moment. He is slightly jaundice and I need to take him back for a blood draw tomorrow. And, we are still waiting for his right testicle to drop. Other than that he is doing great. I’m doing really well also. A bit tender in the nether region and occasional nipple soreness, but nothing painful…just uncomfortable. Birth story to come soon.


Max Alexander - Day 1

Yes, yes, I KNOW I said I was going to name him Zachary Edward, but when I saw him…I thought…he isn’t a Zack, he’s a Max. It’s official now. Some may think I am crazy and maybe I am, Max just seems to suit a bit better.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Beautiful!! :) He is just precious, and I am so glad you are both home safe and sound! Thanks for posting, I have been checking on you constantly all day! LOL:)

Care said...

Congratulations! He is adorable, and I love the name Max. (I did the same thing with Noah - his name was to be David right up until my first sight of him and I immediately changed my mind.). I'm going to have to go back and read your archives - I thought you were having a girl! Congrats again Debbie! ~CarolynG

The Mommy said...

Oh, Debbie! He is precious!!! Congratulations. He is so sweet and he looks so alert for being just a couple of days old!! Big hugs and congrats!!!!

Kim (kimnlogan from Net54 boards!)

Jen said...

Congratulations! He is just so beautiful! I was checking your blog last night and noticed that you were going to be having the baby on the 17th (hopefully) and it looks like all must have gone very well :) Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Congratulations!!!
He is a very beautiful baby!!
Good luck and keep me posted.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Deb and Max:

Congratulations to you both! I am so happy that you found one another and that you're both home happy, safe, and sound.

What a beautiful story you've shared with us all... I know this has been a tough and wild road that you've travelled and I KNOW that you're ready for this new beginning.

Take care! Rebecca