Sunday, October 07, 2007

Doggy Adoption

Hopefully, the last post made sense. I just posted it quickly when a potential adopter of my foster dog came and haven't gone back to read it/make sure it is even articulate.

It looks like my foster dog Nikki is going to be adopted tomorrow at noon PT. The lady seems very nice and I think it will be a good match. And, I'll get visitation rights/get to see Nikki a few more times at least. The lady adopting was concerned because she has plans to be out of town next weekend and a 4 day trip later in the month. She didn't want to adopt and then have to leaver her, which I agree with her and don't think Nikki would do well with that situation. So, I told her I'd be happy to take Nikki back while she was out of town so she didn't have to worry.

She made some comment about it being hard to foster and let them go. And, really, I'm not ready to adopt my own so the fostering is perfect. I've been happy to have Nikki and am happy that she is going to such a great home. I feel really good about fostering, like I'm giving back to the community...kind of like I feel about being the polling place for my precinct...in a way that I enjoy. And, I'm happy I'm doing this for Max, who just loves, loves, loves the doggies. At some point in my future, I know we will be ready for a new dog of our own, but now just isn't the time.

No comments: