Friday, September 21, 2007

Taking Turns

I've been meaning to mention that after taking a short break and not wanting to be bathed or wet at all, Max moved quite awhile back from those sink baths he loved to wanting to take showers. We got into a routine where he would just shower with me in the morning and then continue to play in the water/tub, usually with the shower water beating down on him while I get ready. It was a very nice routine and I liked it. However, I have to say that my son has gotten to be a big ole' water hog and has decided that he should get ALL the turns under the water. As he tells me..."No Momma's turn. Max's turn. Max's turn. No Momma's turn" as he's trying to shove me out of the way. Good thing I weigh more than he does and love him so much. I've decided that in the long run, it is good that he is starting to get this concept of taking turns, even if he does think he should get them all right now. But, I'm not enjoying my showers nearly as much as I have in the past. Then, I remind myself, that this too shall pass and he will be on to the next phase soon enough.

No comments: