Saturday, September 15, 2007

STOP IT! JUST STOP IT! - Edited

To use a phrase from my son....

Warning: Rant about to commence

My neighbors are having a party and have blaring music since early afternoon. And, it is not music I even remotely like. I don't like loud music. I don't play loud music. I like my quiet when I can get it. Normally, my neighborhood is quiet. A nice place to live. The music is so loud that is seems much closer than several houses away. I have a headache from trying to tune it out. I'm tired of it. I want it to stop.

I was here getting more and more tense and angry and frustrated. So, upset that I got up, got dressed, left my sleeping child and walked over and nicely asked them to please turn it down, explaining that my day starts at 5. They were very nice about it and invited me over said they would go turn it down. And, it changed exactly nothing. The music is still loud and obnoxious (to me).

I'm tired. I never did get that nap I so longed for. Now, I can't even get to fucking sleep because of all the fucking noise. It is noise pollution. It is hurting my ears. It is hurting my head. It is hurting my mental health. Please, please make is stop.

I actually thought about about calling the police, but I'm not that much of a smuck. However, I'm secretly hoping one of my other neighbors does even though it would get pinned on me since I did the, at least in my own mind, honorable thing by going and talking to them directly.

Please, please, please make it stop. It is inconsiderate and not very nice and annoying.

Edited: Okay, so I am a bigger smuck than I would like. No, I didn't call the cops, but I did go back over there...with Max in my arms, since he had woken up and couldn't get back to sleep with all the noise. I wasn't mean, but I sure wasn't as nice as I was the first time. And, the music got turned down to just loud not obnoxious to the point where your blood is boiling in time with the fast, hyperfast beat. Low enough that Max is now at least quiet again in his crib if not yet asleep. And, finally, I think they have turned it off. I really don't care if they consier me the bitch of the neighborhood. I really can't live like that. Sure, it's fine if you are at some wild dance club that doesn't play good mucsic or music to which you can actually dance. I rarely went to places like that. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. Maybe finally, I can get to sleep. I'm sure it won't be enough. I never feels like enough these days.

1 comment:

Jen said...

GRRRRRRRR...how annoying!!!!

Hope all else is well in California and that the next phase in your process of building your family is going well.

I updated my blog (finally) so you'll have to go and check it out :)