Monday, February 28, 2005

My dorky emails to my RE

I decided that my RE misses me and my dorky emails filled with my warped humor, micro analysis on pretty much everything, not to mention my questions, questions, and more questions. It’s a given that I miss him. As I have previously stated, I would have stayed with him through delivery if I thought I could get away with it. My friend who also sees him was in last week and he asked about me and how I was doing since he hadn’t heard from me. I, of course, took this as a clear sign that he misses me so I sent him and email titled, “No questions, just a quick update”. He responded back within an hour or two (this was on Sunday afternoon/evening) asked me a few questions (about what genetic screening I was doing because I had told him that I was trying to decided whether to do amnio or not and kept changing my mind) and he even specifically said to keep in touch. I don’t know why this makes me so happy, but it does. When I last saw him and he said that some of his patients asked him questions all the way through their pregnancy. I thought he was just being nice. Now, I think he really does want to get periodic questions/updates and make sure everything is going well. That just makes me so happy!

3 comments:

Sasha@Pw said...

That IS really nice. Having someone who cares and is concerned is always nice especially when they are in the medical profession which is often viewed as being cold and completely professional.

Sasha@Pw said...

ps. Added you to my list of blogs that I read. :)

Deb2You2 said...

Glad you stopped by and I feel honored you added me to your 'list'. Of course, after I wrote the blog, I realized he could have just been really bored because his wife was watching the oscars and he wasn't into it or I could have been reading into it. Naw, of coure he missis me :) How could he not!