Sunday, February 13, 2005

Good Ole Mom

I have to say that as unhelpful as my mom was after my fibroid surgery, she really has been helpful so far during the pregnancy. After Julie's birthday lunch, she cleaned my kitchen for me while I lay on the couch watching her, t.v., and falling asleep. I had made this Zitti Bake for the SMC meeting and had just left all of the dishes in the sink or on the stove. She cleaned it all up for me. That was a really nice treat. When I mentioned I was going to go to bed and try to take a nap, she went home. It is kind of amazing. I really appreciate it and told her so. She said that even though it has been a long time she still remembers how tired she was when she was pregnant. Wow, this pregnant thing isn’t half bad sometimes.

I talked to her after the memorial and told her about my sister Julie’s call telling me I should cancel my plans and go and that I was sorry if she felt unsupported. She said, no that she was fine with it. She hadn’t known that Julie had called. And, she knew that I had these plans for awhile because I kept telling everyone I couldn’t do Julie’s B-Day lunch on the 12th because I had plans. The little guilt I had is now gone. She had both my sisters AND my brother in law there plus some other good friends of the family.

My sisters Birthday lunch was good. Everyone was on there best behavior.

Other than that, I have been mostly lazy today. I was on the computer a bit this morning and then just laid around. I have just been really tired today. I have been watching my sugar and haven’t had much at all. I think I had too much at the SMC meeting yesterday and was just wired, not falling asleep until almost 11 pm last night. This is late for me. It was a good reminder of why I have been staying away. Maybe that is why I am so tired today. In spite of it all and the fact that I woke up feeling like I was bloated and retaining water, my weight remained steady. Yes, in fact, I do check my weight almost each and every day first thing in the morning.

I just got back from walking the dogs and was hoping that would get me going. It didn’t really so I think I will go back to bed and catch up on some serious t.v. watching. I am still feeling full from lunch, although I didn’t eat that much, so I am likely skipping dinner tonight. Maybe I will get hungry in a bit.

I wish I had another day off from work so I could have a whole day to just do nothing. Wouldn’t that be nice?

No comments: