Friday, February 18, 2005

1/3 down, 2/3 to go

Yesterday, I hit a major milestone. Not only did I hit the 13 week mark, I also moved into the SECOND trimester. Can you believe that? I am 1/3 of the way through this journey. Every day, I start to believe more and more that this could have a good outcome. I am starting to feel good about it. All of the baby’s major organs are developed. If I had an u/s, we should be able to determine the gender. If anything bad were to happen at this point, more than likely, it would not be genetic. No spotting for a week now. I have gained a few pounds in the last few days, more likely the result of too much birthday celebration and no vomiting for two weeks than a growing baby. Everything seems to be settling in and going well at the moment (knock on wood)! I can’t wait until I can feel the baby move, but that is awhile off yet. I am hoping for a nice boring, uneventful second trimester. May the remaining 2/3 of the journey go by as fast as the first 1/3 did, but with much less stress and anxity.

No comments: