Monday, February 07, 2005

A Wild Weekend!

I have never been much of a caffeine person. I never learned to like coffee and if I drank tea it was usually decaf. I did have an occasional soda, but it just wasn’t something I HAD to have. I gave caffeine completely up sometime in the last year with no problems or really even second thoughts. It is not something I missed. I was just sleeping so badly at the time that it just wasn’t worth it. I pretty much cut out caffeine, sugar, and anything else that I thought may make a difference and help me sleep better and never looked back.

Today, today, I would really like caffeine. Today, all of a sudden, I miss it and want it. It is only early morning and I am dragging. Where is my endorphin high from my morning hike today?

This need for caffeine is probably a residual affect of living the high life this weekend. Friday night I pretty much did nothing, except walk the dogs of course, and talked on the phone with a few friends. I got off the phone just in time to puke. Then, I crawled in bed and was asleep by 9 pm.

The highlight of Saturday was a late breakfast with a friend and a little bit of shopping. I was home around 11:30 am and lounged around the rest of the day reading a book. I was asleep by 7:30 pm and other than a few quick trips to the restroom slept through until 5:30 am and then dozed until 6:30 am before dragging myself out of bed.

Sunday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday. I did force myself to get some work done on Sunday morning that had to be done before a new work week started. In fact, I had actually turned on my computer and tried to motivate myself to get it done on Saturday afternoon, but after sitting in front of the computer for a few minutes making no progress I just shut the computer off and went back to the couch. I was supposed to go to a movie and dinner with a friend, but she was running behind and didn’t think she would be available until 7 – 7:30 pm. I knew that I would never make it that late so we rescheduled. Instead, I was a couch potato and watched the Super Bowl. I must have fallen asleep before 7:30 pm again since a friend called around that time and I never even heard the phone ring.

As you can see, I had a wild weekend and was living the high life. Clearly, that is why I feel a driving need for caffeine this morning. I am settling for a caffeine free diet soda. We will see if that does the trick.

No comments: