Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It happened! Again! With a twist!

I was walking my dogs last night. You can see where this is going, right? We have a couple of set routes we usually take. Lucky’s favorite route and then the others that I convince them to take for variety. Usually, Lucky tries to go on the longest possible route and used to try to pass by the house pretending it wasn’t home to try to get a longer walk. Last night, she was picking a route that would take us almost directly back home. Anyway, I digress. We are walking along on an “off” route. Shadow does her business. I go to pick it up. Gag. Barf. Drat. It is one of the busier streets in the neighborhood. Lucky, who was eating grass during all of this, gets off the grass and barfs. Walks a few steps and barfs again. Both times right on the sidewalk. At least I was considerate enough to barf on the grass. LOL. I thought about trying to pick it up, but decided to not since there was still more in my stomach and I would probably just add to the mess. Oh my! What a sight! I figured out why Lucky wanted a short route. After she got it out of her tummy, she has seemed to feel just fine since and changed directions to have a longer trip.

I got home and had a headache that wouldn’t quit. I decided to take some Tylenol to try to take the edge off. That stayed down about 3 minutes before coming up with the rest of the contents of my stomach. I think this headache was the closest I have ever come to a migraine. I took a warm bath and then climbed in bed. Reading was out. I didn’t want TV. I just laid there in the dark quietly for awhile and it got better. Work was REALLY busy and I was in meetings or one the phone almost the entire day. I guess I just needed some peace and quite.

Switching gears and moving to the here and now, I think I have been doing a good job of not obsessively worrying and keeping my paranoia in check. Currently, I have that icky, crampy, I am about to start my period feeling. It is making me worried. I don’t like it. I don’t mind the being tired, or the vomiting (even on public streets:), or even the almost migraine like headache last night. I don’t like this feeling. No spotting. Yes, I have been checking regularly. If I do, you can bet I will freak and will break down and actually call my OB.

The good news is that I called the Perinatologist that my OB recommended and they wanted to see me at around 17 weeks. Yeah, another ultrasound in two weeks (assuming I don’t need one sooner for the above described situation). The bad news is that I need to decide by then about the amnio. Other not so great news is that I need to reschedule 3 meetings (including my weekly one with my boss) and won’t be able to hike with the dogs that day because the only appointment they had that week was for 8 am. Hey, I will do just about anything for an ultrasound. Except, of course, make up symptoms like feeling icky, crampy, and period like or spotting or something.

Off to dinner with my mom, where I will pretend not to be worried, so she won’t worry. I am actually sick of all the food that I have in the house so I am looking forward to a bit of variety tonight. Ta ta!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Hope you had a good dinner with your mom (and was able to keep it down! :)

I also hope that the cramping feeling is just your uterus expanding for the growing baby...praying for you and baby!:)