Thursday, March 17, 2005

On sin and guilt…a light hearted story

Being the good Catholic girl that I am (or not), I feel the need to proclaim my sin/guilt to the world. As I type this, I am drinking a caffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper. I can’t even remember the last time I had caffeine. I think it was sometime this summer just after the miscarriage. I slept well last night falling asleep by 8:30 pm and waking at 6 am, except for waking up at 1:30 am starving and with a stuffy nose; going to the bathroom (#1); blowing my nose; drinking a glass of milk; taking the Costco/Kirkland equivalent of Benadryl; blowing my nose again; vomiting; going to the bathroom (#2); blowing my nose again; and was back to sleep shortly after 2 am. However, today, I am just so tired I can’t even work. I just keep thinking I want to crawl back in bed and sleep more. I have been craving caffeine on and off for few weeks. I actually went so far as to bring a can of soda in from the garage fridge to the house fridge last week, but opted for water or other non-caffeine drinks instead. I may regret it later, but it sure tastes good! I wonder if this means I am finally become more comfortable with the pregnancy being a happy ever after story.

Back to the vomiting, it was more like the hurling early in my pregnancy where you have repeated vomit incidents/expulsions making up one vomit episode. This is unlike my puking on the neighbors lawn a few weeks ago while walking the dogs which were a 1:1 vomit incident = vomit episode. The odd thing about last nights “episode” was that I had just drank a glass of milk and taken a Benadryl, but the milk and Benadryl never game up. I vomited up clear liquid/flem for the first 4 or 5 explosions. Then, I vomited up what looked like a (very, very) few curdles of sour milk and blood mixed with the flem for the next few. Anyone think I should be concerned with vomiting up blood? Anyone? The thing is that when I was blowing my nose, it was bloody snot. I’m thinking that this is what caused it and I shouldn’t really worry about it and I’m not, but feeling guilty thinking I should be.

On a less graphic and maybe more inspiring note, I put in the CD Rom of my u/s yesterday and it does continues play. I can just watch it and watch it and watch it if I want. I found this a good distraction/entertainment during some of the longer, less exciting business meetings I was in yesterday. I showed my mom before we left for dinner. She didn’t seem that interested when I showed her, probably because she couldn’t really tell what she was looking at, but when my sister met up with us at dinner the first thing she told her was “I got to see a picture of the baby…on the computer”. My sister was like WTF until I explained about the u/s being on CD Rom. Her comment was “Oh, they have gotten so much more technically advanced these days”. Ah, family!

The caffeine was good while it lasted, but now it is gone. I guess it is back to work for me. I’m still feeling like I should climb back in bed for the rest of the day, but maybe I will perk up soon.

p.s. My nose is still runny with bloody snot. And, I am thrilled to be going into 3.5 hours of back to back meetings. Hope I can stay awake. I may have to start back up the kid and try to decipher more of the ultrasound.

No comments: