Friday, March 18, 2005

Poor Lucky

She had ANOTHER trip to the vet this morning. If anyone is counting, this is the 3rd trip this month. The reason: Eye Infection. She was in last week (visit #2) for routine shots that they couldn’t give during visit #1 because she had an abscess in her paw and required 10 days of antibiotics. It hasn’t been her month. However, I just hope that is the least of her/our problems. While she was in today, Dr. C noticed that all of her lymph nodes were swollen and did a biopsy on 3 of them. She saw abnormal cells and is sending them to a pathologist for further analysis. We are also doing a full blood/urine work-up. Dr. C mentioned the “C” word. Got me kind of scared, but I am trying not to get myself worked up until we get the test results back.

Lucky

One of these days, I am going to write a whole post on how pregnancy does make you forgetful. Case in point, on my ttc/pregnancy calendar I wrote that I have an apt. with Dr. P today (OB) and next Friday with Dr. D (Perinatalogist). However, on my work calendar, I have next Friday for Dr. P and the Thurs. after that (3/31) with Dr. D. I freaked out because if I did have an appointment today it would be right at the same time as my annual performance review with my boss. This would not be a good thing. Luckily, I called and it really is next week. Too many dr. appointments for me and Lucky to keep straight right now.

I am a little worried about my annual performance review. This is the first one with this boss. I have only reported to her since last May. She lives/works in Texas and I live/work in California. She is a regional manager with a lot of responsibility and I only have limited interactions with her. I guess it shouldn’t be too bad since I have gotten 2 bonuses this year, a recognition dinner, and I will still be reporting to her effective 4/1 with more responsibility. If she really thought I was doing a crappy job, I am sure I would have been organized out of a job and never seen anything extra. Still, my last boss I reported to for at least 7 years and I knew what to expect. I am sure that it will be fine, but…I guess I wouldn’t be normal if I didn’t worry just a bit, right?

Too much stress and worry today. Okay, deep breath, deep breath. Think Calm Blue Ocean. Maybe I should actually put the pregnancy yoga DVD in the machine and use it today. And/or call my acupuncturist and try to get in for a visit tomorrow. Good plan.

No comments: